1,000-year-old shamanic pouch discovered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1,000-year-old shamanic pouch discovered

The ritual container, made of three fox snouts, contains the earliest known evidence of ayahuasca preparation.
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/c...-shaman-pouch/

Ayahuasca is still in use and has a bit of a cult following: the powerful tea induces intense hallucinations and introspection. Ayahuasca is used extensively for healing and religious ceremonies. In recent decades, there is a growing interest in the said substance due to its potential in treating mental disorders like depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder and addiction

Click image for larger version

Name:	HoldOn.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	366234

Last edited by Olden; 05-09-2019, 09:52 PM.
    If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Well now, I’m ready to try some ! These peyote buttons, I’m getting tired of them !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s the peyote buttons ! Lol , no seriously my mom said I should of been a comedian.. I like to make people laugh, it’s a good feeling !

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah Olden, I read about the mushroom thing in Colorado..

• Olden
      Olden commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a real squeaker of a vote - I'm curious as to how things are gonna work out.

I watched a show on discovery I think or maybe natgeo about ayahuasca and how they were using it for treatment of people with addictions, and some American went there, I think he was a meth addict, and man was he trippin. He also swore off meth afterwards...so maybe it works for that.. most of the people doing it said you might see your own death, and your ancestors or those who preceded you in death would visit with you.

I’ll stick with some of JJ’s peyote buttons.😇
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      We watched that also. It was interesting and they were trippin !

It seems that about one person a year dies from it, although in this case it was used with 'enhancers'.

Colombia’s ayahuasca ceremonies in spotlight after tourist's drug death

The author William Burroughs experimented with ayahuasca in 1953, and wrote “Yage is space-time travel. The room seems to shake and vibrate with motion … You make migrations, incredible journeys through deserts and jungles and mountains.”
    Inspired by the Naked Lunch author’s narcotic adventures, neuroscientist Andrew Lees followed his example, furthering his work on Parkinson’s disease
    If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

I think the bottom line here , is that the old ones knew how to literally die laughing ! I suppose we will never know all the natural plants that have effects but they most prolly did ! Aspirin from tree bark ? Who knew ? They did !
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

We have these blue/ lake weeds here. I’ve tried just about every herbicide on them and they wilt down then get over it. While digging a septic tank hole in the ground with my backhoe, for the new barn.. ( Never fails when coming from town one of the gals has got to p ) so put a full restroom in the thing. I dug one up and the roots were like 36 inches deep. At the bottom there appeared to be small pods like little potatoes... I’m thinking of squeezing the juice out of one and trying the juice on Sylvester the cat...I shaved his rear and taught him to walk backward ( That was NOT easy btw )... I’ve been trying to teach him how to hunt artifacts, he’s just not cooperative... Maybe blue weed juice will change his attitude ?
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	82F1F7C3-F68B-4F6D-AA42-807391E444C6-2959-000000EA526575B3.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	223.8 KB ID:	366547
        Click image for larger version  Name:	F044528E-93B9-4ED2-BBD6-FC72423903ED-2959-000000EA60367567.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	178.8 KB ID:	366548

Last edited by CMD; 05-11-2019, 06:55 PM.
        Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
        X