• Show
Clear All

• AndrewSchwinn
    replied
    looking forward to it Gary, post away!

Leave a comment:

• SDhunter
    replied
    Thanks everyone for adding their comments, pictures and info.  Been in Arizona
    for a week and haven't been able to respond.  Got a few interesting sites to show when I
    get some time.  Some ruins,  some artifacts from these ruins,  and a site halfway down
    in the Grand Canyon.  Gary

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    Gary, many thanks for starting this thread. It continues to be very educational to say the least. Seeing these traces of pioneer movements and artifacts is fascinating.

Leave a comment:

• rmartin
    replied
    SDhunter wrote:

Thanks  11KB
    Those are interesting landmarks too.  The more I see,  the more I'm impressed
    with how the past shows itself when one knows where to look and how to recognize
    the signs.
    Gary
      I agree. Sometimes you have to step back and look.

Leave a comment:

• itwasluck
    replied
    :evil:  Gary LOL. I have large fingers and its hard to type. Thanks for pointing that out for me. I need a big mans key board! Nothing fits me  :unsure:

Leave a comment:

• 11KBP
    replied
    SDhunter wrote:

Thanks  11KB
    with how the past shows itself when one knows where to look and how to recognize
    the signs. Gary
      You’re welcome Gary.
    11KBP

Leave a comment:

• gregszybala
    replied
    Nicely put Gary

Leave a comment:

• SDhunter
    replied
    Thanks  11KB
    the signs.
    Gary

Leave a comment:

• SDhunter
    replied
    itwasluck.   What are riffles?

Leave a comment:

• 11KBP
    replied
    SDhunter wrote:

Thanks Hoss,  Yes,  that would be a good idea.  Got a new machine,  so should
    go next summer.
      Hunting old trail for historic items of the past has provided me many hours of enjoyment.
    It's an interesting pastime.
    11KBP

Leave a comment:

• itwasluck
    replied
    Dont forget iron! Riffles are iron. They can be worth the price of gold. Good Luck and I hope you find some thing.

Leave a comment:

• SDhunter
    replied
    Itwasluck.  Bummer about the rain messing things up.  I bought a White from advice
    I got here.  It has the 3 different modes as well.  Gonna set mine on GOLD!!!
    Gary

Leave a comment:

• SDhunter
    replied
    Greg, Thanks.  Well you can count on the trading post pictures in the near future,  and we can all hope for the coins.   
    Gary

Leave a comment:

• SDhunter
    replied
    Thanks Hoss
    She's a German Shorthaired Pointer.  They come in solid liver,  liver ticked,(which is what she is),  liver ticked and patched, (big spots as well),  black,  and liver and white.    Gary

Leave a comment:

• itwasluck
    replied
    I hope you get to use your new metal detector. Mine has 3 levels on it for metals. I went about a month ago where I have permission and forgot to put it on all 3  . I was only on one level and it started to rain so I left. I still have to go back yet and do it again to make sure I didnt miss anything. The owner says I can dig if I hit a hot spot which I hit a few but didnt dig cause I want him to be there, just out of respect seeing it is his property and its kinda close to his house but on the river bank. He has told me that there use to be an old rail road that went through his property before there was roads for driving. I hope to go back in the next few weeks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X