My secret place...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My secret place...

So I’m fairly new but spend most of my free time researching about my new hobby... My biggest problem is knowing what is valuable or just some debitage... So I’m headed out to my spot in hopes of another great find and here were a few almost greats from this place...

Hello Jason. I see reduction flakes for sure there and maybe a couple points. If you can get better pics with something for scale and outdoor light it will show a lot better. It looks to me like you have a spot that had some activity for sure.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• Jason Jinks
      Jason Jinks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the tips Frank... I’ve had pretty good luck there and I’ll try to get better pics next time...

It could just be from the method of flaking, but those 12 flakes in the middle are very consistent in shape, and all have tips that resemble early flake tools, such as gravers, beaks, gouging and incising tools. One white one in the bottom row actually looks blunted from use. While a few of the others may be quarry preforms or tool sources. Really need better photos to show detail. Maybe, maybe not. Best find some good points so you know what cultures your dealing with. Don't consider these all to be debitage just yet!! Probably are, but play it safe, and keep these for now.
    http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

try taking new photos. clean your phone or camera lens . take pics outside in the light is better for photos. Not high noon with sun blaring but experiment a little. I like what both Baba and Paul said better photos will help. Good luck in the hunt.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thanks for all the tips ... and sorry about the lightning I’ll definitely try something else in the future...

Comment

Working...
        X