The Wonder Tower...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wonder Tower...

This is one of the coolest places I've seen. If you ever find yourself around the KS/CO border on I-70 there is a small town called Genoa you must stop at. I think it's 50 cents to get in but if you can guess 3 of the old mans oddities/tools he'll let ya in for free (: These are not my photos but thought they were neat. There is no website for The Wonder Tower Museum. Beware: Use the restroom before stopping because the one in these photos is the only one there. This guy has THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of artifacts he found during the Dustbowl of the 30's......http://www.flickr.com/photos/icancha...7624566744634/

Looks like a neat place to find all kinds of nifty little items. Love to rummage!

Comment

Thanks Speedmaster, just weird enough to go on the bucket list.

Comment

Speedmaster wrote:

I think it's 50 cents to get in but if you can guess 3 of the old mans oddities/tools he'll let ya in for free  This guy has THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of artifacts he found during the Dustbowl of the 30's.
          This "old man" happens to be Jerry Chubbuck, discover of the famous Olsen-Chubbuck Paleo-Indian Bison Kill Site (Cody Complex).
        11KBP

Comment

[QUOTE]11KBP wrote:

Originally posted by Speedmaster post=40225
          I think it's 50 cents to get in but if you can guess 3 of the old mans oddities/tools he'll let ya in for free  This guy has THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of artifacts he found during the Dustbowl of the 30's.
            This "old man" happens to be Jerry Chubbuck, discover of the famous Olsen-Chubbuck Paleo-Indian Bison Kill Site (Cody Complex).
          11KBP
            Oh yeah, I forgot to add that tidbit of info...

Comment

I do believe he's found a Wooly Mammoth carcass in his day too If I'm not mistaking. Very interesting fellow for sure!

Comment

Working...
            X