• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• utilized flake
    replied

Leave a comment:

• utilized flake
    replied
    It is very cool that you can zoom in on the artifacts, and would be a great way to identify pottery pieces from NC. There are a ton of pots and pieces that have already been identified! Here's a better link to 3D section...
    Last edited by utilized flake; 11-18-2019, 07:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• utilized flake
    commented on 's reply
    Apparently you can upload one per month for free on sketchfab, which is the cloud or parent site. As a member you can upload several per month, but looks expensive to join! I remember Mark Mullins paleo had about a dozen points on his website a few years ago with same 3D technology. I don't know what one would need as far as a camera with 3D. There is a virtual reality tour you can take that I bet requires some sort of technology I'll never have. I can barely use a cell phone myself!

• Josie
    replied
    That's just too cool! Imagine if we could show our finds on this site using that technology. I looked at a Kirk and Simpson on the site. Thanks for sharing the link!
    Last edited by Josie; 11-18-2019, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• utilized flake
    started a topic Awesome resource

Awesome resource

This 3D modeling of artifacts just came out today! And allows for 3D viewing of a lot of UNC Chapel Hill's collection of native artifacts! It has many examples of the projectiles, pottery, and hardstone pieces found in North Carolina!
    Last edited by utilized flake; 11-18-2019, 11:44 AM.
Working...
X