Our most ancient Archeology Texas stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bone2stone wrote:

Crystal skulls and meteorite use by the ancients.
    Just more fodder for future disscussion.
    Bone2stone
      ...but the crystal skulls been debunked have they not? Best summary is on the "Bad Archaeology" website:
    Introduction Any introduction to the crystal skulls must begin with the idea of the Out-of-place-artefact (Oopart). These make up one of the most popular sections of this website and to date we have pages on more than 50 Ooparts. This rag-bag assortment of curiosities are items that seem to undermine conventional theories of technological development […]

... unlike this one which, although not crystal, seems to be a genuinely old Mayan artefact:
    The Mayan 'crystal skulls' may be fakes - but an exhibition at the University of Toronto is to display a real stone skull, a replica of protective wear the ancient people used in a lethal 'sport'.

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

My firewall prevents me from joining into the site for more than just a look.
      That's OK I don't believe I want my information shared with too many anyway.
      Texas State Historical association online handbook pretty good site for all kinds of neat stuff.
      Roger, thank you for the link, it does not tell any more than what is allready known.
      Like I stated previously I have my doubts about all three.
      I did get the chance to see all three at one time durring the State Fair Of Texas several years ago. Personally I did not see anything that would persuade me that they were anything outside of just something to bring about controversy.
      There have been a lot of people who looked here and did not reply. That is their choice.
      Rockhed, you are the only one who replied with any positive input. Sorry to dissapoint you, they are as the others stated nothing more than a hoax and geofacts at most.
      The relative age of the deposit where they were supposedly found is only to the pleistocene age and no more.
      The Shuler formation in the Dallas area produce the same fossil finds and are about the same age, pleistocene. 
      My wife and I have only made one find back in the early 80's of any occupation of paleo peoples near the age of the Shuler stuff. 11 preforms all together in a cache next to a fire ring.That material is really hard digging. I find horse,mammoth,camel and a species of turtle in this area.
      This has been fun hope to stir up some other stuff soon. I won't be able to get into here for a while My office renovation is near completition and I will be off line for a while.
      I'll get back as soon as I can with some more stuff to stir things up.
      Bone2stone
      It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
      It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
      Circa:1982

Comment

Oh yeah now that's what I'm talking about!
        How cool is this!!!!!!
        Yeah the crystal skulls have been debunked!
        Let's start another link and let's get on that as a different subject.
        Thanks for the bad archeology link that gives us a whole lot of room to
        get some stuff stirred up......
        Roger you sure know your stuff!!!!Fossils, ancients,paleo wow!!!
        Just keep it comming and we can keep this site as one of the most intresting on the WWW!
        Got anything on meteorite use/site finds?
        Bone2stone

​Jessy B.

Comment

Bone2stone wrote:

Oh yeah now that's what I'm talking about!
          How cool is this!!!!!!
          Yeah the crystal skulls have been debunked!
          Let's start another link and let's get on that as a different subject.
          Thanks for the bad archeology link that gives us a whole lot of room to
          get some stuff stirred up......
          Roger you sure know your stuff!!!!Fossils, ancients,paleo wow!!!
          Just keep it comming and we can keep this site as one of the most intresting on the WWW!
          Got anything on meteorite use/site finds?
          Bone2stone
            Thanks Jessy
          The downside is that I know almost nothing about NA arrowhead typology apart from the wealth of high quality information I'm picking up here on this site.
          Yeah, I do have some interesting stuff on meteorites and artefact use. Take me a couple of days to piece it together and then condense it down to something coherent. I'll put it up on a separate thread shortly.
          Painshill
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Roger, some confusion in the summary by Guderjan, which I believe was stated earlier in this thread as well. Guderjan states that geologist Sellards believed one head came from an Eocene layer or some 50,000-100,000 years ago. But in fact the Eocene was roughly 56-36 million years ago.
            Rhode Island

Comment

CMD wrote:

Roger, some confusion in the summary by Guderjan, which I believe was stated earlier in this thread as well. Guderjan states that geologist Sellards believed one head came from an Eocene layer or some 50,000-100,000 years ago. But in fact the Eocene was roughly 56-36 million years ago.
                Yeah... I presume he meant Pleistocene. I reported the error... interesting to see if they change it. Now, if we was talking about carved heads that were tens of millions of years old we're in "Lost world of Atlantis" territory. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Comment

As a person that picks up a bunch "rocks" these look like ermm rocks. If I carried all the ones back that had "faces" on them or holes/wear in a humanoid pattern my yard would look like the easter islands.Now don't get me wrong all rocks are exciting but the human mind will see what it wants too see especially if their is the smallest bit of excitement or mystery involved I think everyone wants too be Indiana Jones at heart.Kind of like my little alien head here. It cracks me up but pretty sure it's just an AFR.

Comment

Here's mine :woohoo: :

Actually, I plucked this geofact out of a layer from which I had been pulling Late Neolithic butchery tools and faunal reamins. I therefore feel entitled to re-christen it as "The Painshill Head" (formerly known as "Mr. Grumpy") and make all kinds or irrational assumptions about it!  :dry: Maybe that should be "Painshill Head #1"... in case I find any more.
                  Painshill

Comment

Mr. Grumpy I love it! Need too make a tag too go over it saying " I'm watching you!".

Comment

I know you have seen this one before, Roger...but I don't know if Amber has or not.  This is a freakish specimen I found at the Licking River.  It's my, "alienatic", specimen! :blink:
                      Either one of you could make an awesome piece of jewelry with this from what I've seen here in your posts.  Nice work to both of you!

Comment

KEWL!!!

Comment

Wow that is pretty awesome One of my fave colors also. Very sweet find.

Comment

I wanted to bring this one back, it is just one of the things that I like to discuss.
                            The oldie goldie and just how long or just how much fakery has been presented to the public as "authentic".
                            Since I posted the first itme on this subject of the Malakoff heads The Dallas Museum removed them from public display.
                            Now lets talk about the meteorite "Cache" found in New Mexico I think.

​Jessy B.

Comment

Jess,  here are some stone heads, all found in central Massachusetts, in widely scattered locations. All made of water worn cobbles using stone tools. Weighing from 2.5-25 pounds. Resemble somewhat the Iroquois False Face Masks...

The one on the left below is the largest at 25 pounds. All were described as granite.

A little about Iroquois false faces, and an example. It must be pointed out central Masschusetts was never part of Iroquois Confederacy territory. It was inhabited by Algonquin speaking bands, principally the Nipmuck. Those Algonquin bands and villages did endure raids by Iroquois tribes, mostly the Mohawk....

Rhode Island

Comment

Thanks Jess, I know you want to move on to the meteorite "Cache" found in New Mexico
                                and I will be very interested to see where that goes. But before we leave heads I would
                                like to show the one I found on the bank of a local river. Looks to me like he is wearing
                                a roman helmet but I didn't know the Italians were here in prehistoric times. Puzzling  :rolf:

Michigan Yooper
                                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Working...
                                X