Ice Age Puppy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Age Puppy

Similar preservation to the 40,000 year old wolf head Greg posted. 18,000 years old. These things are appearing as the permafrost thaws. Truly amazing preservation. Researchers are trying to determine if this be dog or wolf?

Click image for larger version

Name:	5F088D0F-4D95-403C-9A08-0592B124000E-20600-000006C0AE49C3DF.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	405776

Rhode Island

Cute little guy
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Doc
      What are your thoughts on bringing some of these species back .... I’m torn on the notion...
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• clovisoid
        clovisoid commented
        Editing a comment
        The thing that is absolutely coming out of the permafrost alive and well are lots of types of bacteria and viruses.

Most of them will be completely harmless or simply so similar to what already have that they don't make an impact, but there might be something really nasty locked up in the permafrost. (A type of bovine respiratory virus in the lungs of some 40,000 year old bison that modern cows can't handle could devastate a several billion dollar industry that also feeds billions of people.)

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear ya, Joshua. It's concerning.

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Very true, I’ve always been concerned about such things. I remember when my son was young and he wasn’t given the small pox vaccine. I had a fit ! The doctor told me that that virus had been wiped off the face of the earth..He got irritated at me when I demanded he be given the inoculation...He said they wasn’t any being produced at that time. I knew that the viral species was in labs . Anyway he got his vaccination in the military ...

Wow, it's really well preserved. I like reading these articles. Thanks for posting. I find it all so amazing.
      South Carolina

Comment

Pretty cool! Hairy little dude...
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Check out them teeth I hope they don't bring one of those things back. I like dogs but none that could bite my hand off.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• CMD
            CMD commented
            Editing a comment
            And that's just a 2 month old puppy....

Just wow, it just keeps getting better you wonder what’s next .
          They need to test for rare strains of bacteria , I watch way to much SF
          Last edited by Tam; 11-28-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• CMD
            CMD commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe some humans will turn up!

I always wonder who I am walking on when I am out in the middle of the woods .
          Darn creepy thought but very factual .

Comment

Working...
          X