Scottish Megalith Circle Constructed on Site of Lightning Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Megalith Circle Constructed on Site of Lightning Strike

The location and purpose of this Megalithic stone circle with its ‘standing stones’ at a remote Scottish location has always been a bit of a mystery. It now seems it may have been built on a precise area of land that had seen one or more huge lightning strikes. One can only imagine the 'religious' significance those people placed on these kinds of events. Remarkable piece of archaeological surveying.

New technology reveals a star-shaped burn mark hidden under peat that gives clues to the meaning of the standing stones on Lewis

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

An interesting theory - few things are impressive as a lighting bolt! WSKY broadcasting LIVE!!
    If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Good read, TY. I’ve been watching documentaries as to some of the circle sites. Hard to imagine the age at which many include the solstices and even include Pluto in events. Some at 9K years in the past. The relevant part there being the question of how they knew Pluto was in the solar system...
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

That was very interesting Roger. Thanks for sharing
        South Dakota

Comment

Working...
        X