The Fertile Shore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fertile Shore

Informative Smithsonian Mag article describes recent trends in understanding the peopling of the Americas....

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...cas-180973739/
    Rhode Island

Good article Charlie I didn't realize the land was rising once the weight of the glaciers was gone.
    "Seas did indeed rise dramatically after the end of the last ice age, but along many stretches of the British Columbia coast, that rise was offset by the earth’s crust springing back in equal measure."
    Last edited by Olden; 12-28-2019, 09:48 AM.
    If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Thanks for sharing cmd.....I'm into day two visitng my folks out of state for the holidays....my dad is having knee issues and had appointment with dr today...i went with him and in the reception area...the Smithsonian mag for jan 2020 had this article in it....needless to say...i read article while i was waiting...pretty interesting....what i took from it....na potentially in americas far longer than previously thought...20000 plus yrs......good read for those interested
      Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Great read Doc. I think the very last sentence of the article , is the most profound !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Thais is a great read Charlie I am actually going to read this a second time .
          I believe not in our lifetime there is so much under that ice and permafrost as is showing in recent articles from that puppy to new findings yearly .
          I had the very fortunate opportunity to meet and speak with a women from Siberia . What they do to survive and their outlook on life .
          There is so much more we have just scratched the surface
          in my honest opinion .
          Ill pm you not to high jack or actually offend others . I don’t think anyone would be but she gets political .

Comment

Working...
          X