Ancient Dentistry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancient Dentistry

Had to go have my dental check up today. It made me go...hmmmmm...I wonder what the Indians did for their teeth? When I made it home to my perch in front of my internet machine I proceeded to google it...here is one of the articles that came up. I love sedative dentistry. Don't you??? http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,190717,00.html

I can't imagine how much pain that would have caused! Takes "hating the dentist" to a whole other level!!! hmy:
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

I know that! I've had 2 root canals...couldn't imagine one without anesthesia!!! YIKES
      I wonder if they knocked em out with a rock first????? LOL

Comment

I'm sure more people than not had a major infection some time within their life.  Cool article, I also wanted to mention the Pre-Columbian cultures in dentistry.  They not only came up with shell implants to replace missing teeth, but they were the first culture to introduce fashion and vanity to the dental world.  Now a days we have "grills" of gold / silver/ platinum implants, back then they laid gem stones and jade into their teeth.

Comment

I did see a pic with a skull with gemstones in two of the teeth but couldn't find the stinkin' article! Thanks for adding that to the conversation! I didn't know about them using shell implants though. Very cool!

Comment

Working...
          X