The Cinmar Blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill
    You can go look at the site reports and decide yourself. Have you read the site report?
    When I bought that point I was not sure what it was. I wanted it because it was owned by Charles and made of some neat material. I sold the point to Al Kennedy who had been bugging me about it. He liked what he saw.
    Thanks for your input it is most wanted. 
    Jack
      Jack

Comment

• Once again I apologize Jack while being honest. No I haven’t read the site report because I am sure that I have seen so many like it.
      I am also sure if that artifact was placed beside three or four actual Clovis points for comparison the dissimilarities between it and the Clovises would be apparent immediately. 
      It is an extremely beautiful artifact and might even have been used as some type of Clovis blade tool.

Comment

• Bill wrote:

Once again I apologize Jack while being honest. No I haven’t read the site report because I am sure that I have seen so many like it.
        I am also sure if that artifact was placed beside three or four actual Clovis points for comparison the dissimilarities between it and the Clovises would be apparent immediately. 
        It is an extremely beautiful artifact and might even have been used as some type of Clovis blade tool.
          __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
        Bill
        Take some time and read the site report and compare the points with the Clovis out of Gault and see if anything is there if not that is fine and we can move on, on this.
        The Gault Site was a payday site for years and Dwain Rogers was one of the first to find Clovis on the site.
        This Clovis collection belongs to Bob Galvin. He had at one time some of the best Texas artifacts to be found.
        Jack

Comment

• Jack please allow me to apologize once again because it was not my intention to belittle you. I was blunt in my appraisal of your point because I posted what I saw and I am as good at identifying Clovises as anybody, anywhere out there.
          You have made my point about your point by posting Clovis points. If the point in question was placed beside the Clovises, it just wouldn’t fit in. I believe that only if it was placed with Gault Clovis tools then perhaps it might belong somewhere.
          in there
          The picture you posted contains several fine Clovises with overshot flaking still visible on all.

Comment

• Now this is something to throw into the mix (strangely enough i re-read this just yesterday.....I cant believe what i have just found out) I hope this doesn`t ignite too many passions. Oh I wish Roger was here...............Please Enjoy

The 11,500-year-old bones of a child unearthed in Alaska shed light on the peopling of the Americas.
            If You Know Your History You Can Predict The Future

Comment

• Havenhunter
              Havenhunter commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh Lord, Lucas, honey, you really don't want to re-open this muddled can of worms. I live just down the road from the Gwynns Island Myseum where these blades once resided (replaced by castings once the Smithsonian became involved). Say the name Dr Stanford on this site and a veritable explosion can erupt from a number of members coast to coast. It's a touchy subject best left to others. My advance-- run far away from this subject. Lol!!

• LucasBMylks
              LucasBMylks commented
              Editing a comment
              Its just amazing that we are getting closer to an answer about where the old folks actually came from. As I Have said in my other post it still doesn`t exclude a European influence on the East coast tho. Hopefully time will tell.....Maybe everybody was right....(Bloody Vikings an all LOL)

• It’s ok to reopen this lol bill is gone :-)
            As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
            NW Arkansas

Comment

• Jacks gone, Rogers gone, ....
              South Dakota

Comment

• Yes and David Sweet is banned. This subject almost stirred a political-style debate. Living close to where the Cinmar blade resided for a time, local loyalties run deep. Then I held & photographed similar blades that David Sweet was brokering for the owner's widow and they are impressive. Could they take down a Mastedon? Absolutely. Are they Solutrean? Who knows.
                Child of the tides

Comment

• It's a shame Painshill is gone. What happened with him?

Comment

• Wish I knew
                    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                    NW Arkansas

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy W. View Post
                      It's a shame Painshill is gone. What happened with him?
                      From what I understand, he got a little frustrated with how the new changes in the forum were going, and decided to do some traveling and take some time off. I think it was said he might rejoin us at a later date. This is all heresay. What I have seen, is that others have really stepped up in his place! Thanks to all those people.

Probably shouldnt get this thread too off topic. I’ll come back later and delete what I just said.
                      South Dakota

Comment

• As I recall, Hoss told us awhile back that he had heard from Roger, and Roger indicated when he was through traveling, he would post to the forum again. Impossible not to miss him, both as our friend, and for his wealth of knowledge, Pretty tough to stump Roger, I'll never know how he did it at times.

I posted the Beringian story as a separate thread in archaeology. It's an important discovery, and not truly related to the Cinmar or Solutrean theory per se. But I also would not worry too much about the latter subject generating arguments. Out of the box theories that challenge dominant paradigms do that, it comes with the turf.

Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                        X