X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-History of your Location

This is neat:

https://dinosaurpictures.org/ancient-earth#400

Type your city/town location into the box at the top left and then use the -> and <- arrows on your keyboard to see how where you live has been affected by plate tectonics and sea level changes during Earth's history.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

WHOA SON !! I just looked at that site! Amazing! Thanks Roger for the update! That is just incredible, love the heck out of this!! I'll be doing this for a while today, so interesting..Gotta love technology!!
    http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

That's really cool!
      Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Hi Roger. What an interesting and fascinating site. I know what Paul means when he said he would be "doing it awhile". I started on it and had a hard time getting back here to shout a big thank you.

Comment

I have been trying to study my area alittle more as far as that kind of time line. At that time on the edge of ice sheet.
          After reading more about, in today’s world, they say my area only 6-7 million years old. Any thing that was on the ground here all washed away. That is why I dont find dinosaur bone.
          This strengthens my beliefs that humans are NOT destroying our planet, but just the opposite. Mother earth can as it has in the past and could again swallow us all whole and cover up for eons and eons only to be discovered again when she is ready......
          N.E Colorado, Nebraska panhandle

Comment

I’ve always enjoyed the geologic history of R.I., and southeastern New England, as we were part of the ancient volcanic island arc known as Avalonia. I remember when fossil trilobites were found on Conanicut Island in Narragansett Bay, and found to be related to Cambrian Period trilobites from Braintree, Ma., Newfoundland, Scandinavia, Morocco, the Czech Republic, Spain, etc., all fragments of ancient Avalonia. When the super continent broke apart, we remained attached to NA. The cliffs in Newport, RI have been compared to those in Anglesey, Wales. Apparently for good reason!
            Rhode Island

Comment

Cool aspect is to be able to watch how your local migrates across the globe as the continents move. Great site, thx.
              San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Comment

Cool...So fitting a lot of pottery puzzles together I just naturally wanted to slide N/A down and fit it to the larger land mass, and I’m thinking,
                is that what Earth looked like previous to this period?.good post Roger..
                Floridaboy.

Comment

Thanks Roger, love this stuff and this makes it fun and easy.
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Pretty cool painshill, thanks for sharing
                    Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Really cool! Thanks for posting this link.
                      South Carolina

Comment

Wow..wow
                        Since we moved so much, I’ve entered dozen cities, and been playing all afternoon!
                        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Working...
                        X