No announcement yet.

Human migration and 115,000 year old foot prints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a post directed at me and I just posted a reply than poof its all gone.
    Im not sure what too want me to do, Ive moved on but it seems that it keeps getting back at me over and over?
    N.E Colorado, Nebraska panhandle

Comment

• south fork
      south fork commented
      Editing a comment
      Fat why are you going after the good guys let it go move on .

• Fat
      Fat commented
      Editing a comment
      Im not calling anyone out.
      one of the good guys calls me out.
      I reply and he must of realized how dumb he looked and deleted it all. Than the apology I get is “ stick it in your ear” so to say.
      Now they say I cant go to prom.
      If someone would call me it would be settled way easier.
      Ive moved on and it again surfaces

Fat wrote:

“Im not calling anyone out.
    one of the good guys calls me out.
    I reply and he must of realized how dumb he looked and deleted it all. Than the apology I get is “ stick it in your ear” so to say.
    Now they say I cant go to prom. If someone would call me it would be settled way easier.
    Ive moved on and it again surfaces”

You seem to be the one who keeps bringing it up.

I was explaining to Ron why the mere recognition of trace fossils can be very difficult. Not at all like collecting more common fossils of dead organisms, plant and animal. When you replied to my comment with “I’m not buying it”, I replied asking you what was your background in studying trace fossils. Basically I asked you what made you an expert. I think it was about an hour later, I thought “well, I’m being unnecessarily antagonistic toward the guy, no excuse for that, I’ll delete the comment”. One other thing that was running through my mind when I posted my original comment was the very real fact that there is a general, society-wide, rejection of all authority at this time in history. Rejection of authority in religion, in medicine, in science, in history(the area of my own training), etc., and when I saw your “I’m not buying it” comment, I was thinking of that regrettable trend at a society-wide rejection of expert opinion, and the effect of the internet of seemingly making everybody an expert, even when they are clearly not. And all that is a personal issue with me, since, it happens that I have, for the past several years, been using my training in the social sciences to examine the rise of this rejection of expertise within Western societies, the rise of conspiracy thinking, etc. Simply put, I saw your “I’m not buying it” comment as reflecting that rejection of expertise. However, you were in fact not the only one questioning the identification of the tracks, and, as I thought about my reply, I realized, well, I’m being too confrontational toward Fat, it’s uncalled for, I’ll delete my comment to him.

The above is the best I can do in explaining how all that played out, why I posted that comment asking you the source of your expertise in trace fossils, and why I realized there was no reason to have done that, and thus why I deleted my comment. Too bad I was not quick enough to avoid you reading it,,and you taking exception to it.

Yes, you are mixing up the threads, since, as you stated in this thread, regarding the interactive native map I first posted to the “Local Tribes” thread, before posting it in our Info Center, you state that you object to the terms “native” and “indigenous” applied to Native Americans(?), but the terms are OK if applied to yourself. Well, I won’t pretend to understand why you take exception to those two terms, or why you became so upset by the article I posted that introduced the Native Lands map project. Nor can I unravel what you are saying here about “indigenous” and “native”. In the “Local Tribes” thread, I posted info demonstrating that federally recognized tribes enjoy partial sovereignty, which allows them to refer to themselves as “nations”. They are indeed First Nations, another term that Native Americans use to describe themselves. They are “native”, and they are “indigenous”, compared to all later arrivals, beginning with European settlement.

Now, you have also made comments urging me to take things out on my dog(don’t own one), and my wife. But I told you I deleted my comment(which, while I decided it was too confrontational, was NOT personal), and yet you wish to continue getting into it with me by bringing up my wife, and urging me to take things out on her and my hypothetical dog. So, when you say “I’ve moved on and it again surfaces”, it really does not sound like you moved on. So, Hoss left you with a reasonable suggestion, and you can follow up on his suggestion.
    Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
    X