This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill wrote:

cgode, when a friend stumbles then it shouldn't be a penalty to help him regain his footing.
      I'm not seeing it that way Bill, a reminder of some of the rules here.....
          2.1 Words, phrases and concepts which would be considered unacceptable or inappropriate in normal polite conversation or in the presence of children should not be used in the content of posts.
    I would not take your comments as being polite.
      2.4 Posts intended or likely to incite aggression are forbidden. If your views are contrary to the generally accepted views of the community, do not post them in a confrontational way. Present your views in a civil manner and expect others to be civil in return. Be aware that emotion and meaning behind a post is hard to judge. Do not automatically take posts as an attack against yourself as they may have not been meant in such a way. Use the ‘emoticons’ as helpful indicators of the tone of your posts.
    I think your responses are "likely" to incite more drama....let's drop the drama and go back to civil, polite conversation/debate....thank you
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

• cgode, that sounds good to me because that's all I ever wanted. I am glad those rules being enforced and remain optimistic they will be applied equally to everyone. Thank you and I will look forward to discussions that are more civil.

Comment

• Bill wrote:

CMD I agree that you should not because you simply do not know enough about this subject to discuss it appropriately. You get angry when someone else does and I appreciate that you have realized that.
        That is uncalled for.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Bill wrote:

CMD, I not only addressed his points, I recognize the fact that I refuted them!
          When I address someone’s arguments with a counter argument that consists of facts, science and knowledge and they choose to ignore it that causes me question the honesty of your intentions.
          I agree that you have made the right decision for you not to discuss this subject further.
          Again, rude.

Comment

• In my opinion Chris, this should have been stopped a long time ago. Condescending attitude, rude, opinionated, professed professionalism presented in an unprofessional manner, personal attacks. Most of us humans just don't behave in such a manner. Maybe it's our little brains.

Comment

• Theory's.....agendas....Are you the publisher for that book Bill? And just how long did it take to "Know it all?"

Comment

• Bill wrote:

cgode, when a friend stumbles then it shouldn't be a penalty to help him regain his footing.
                  With all due respect, Bill, I have not asked for your help. I do not believe I need your help. "To see ourselves as others see us" is so very difficult. In that regard, I fail all the time I'm sure. But we all do, Bill, we all do. I was only trying to help you understand. Can't you see that you are doing to others what you expect them not to do themselves? The problem is not your wealth of knowledge on the subject. The problem is your method of delivering that knowledge. That is why I can't understand you, Bill. I don't understand why you feel an abrasive approach to responses you don't agree with and/or like is the way to go. It shouldn't matter to you what any of us think of the Solutrean hypothesis. As you yourself said, in so many words, the world will still spin on its' axis. I'm only trying to help you see yourself. My overly harsh comments earlier in this thread were a meaner way of trying to do that and again, I'm sorry for harsh comments. In so many of your replies to peoples comments you have begun with phrases like "It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about", etc. This is what I mean when I say the problem is in your delivery. Responses like that make people feel they are being belittled, derided, dismissed. And that can never be conducive to a civil development of the ongoing discussion. And so people give up discussing it with you. Bill, I wish you the best, but if you can't admit adjustments to delivery are called for, then discussions, on this particular subject at least, are doomed to failure each and every time. I wish you the best and I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.   
                Rhode Island

Comment

• I see this will continue to spiral downward in a ball of fire......done.
                  Southern Connecticut

Comment

Working...
                  X