Siberian Fluted Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siberian Fluted Point

This is an old discovery(1996), and in no way, shape, or form a smoking gun. I just thought I'd continue our journey NW by crossing the Bering Strait to Siberia :laugh:
    Discovery of a fluted bifacial point at the site of Uptar in northeastern Siberia may force archaeologists to reconsider the origins of the Clovis point.

Rhode Island

CMD wrote:

This is an old discovery(1996), and in no way, shape, or form a smoking gun. I just thought I'd continue our journey NW by crossing the Bering Strait to Siberia :laugh:
    Discovery of a fluted bifacial point at the site of Uptar in northeastern Siberia may force archaeologists to reconsider the origins of the Clovis point.
      This is a good information to look at what other cultures were doing. East to west, or west to east, or just being creative with stone in the area you are hunting in. A culture over times figures out what is the best tool is for the job, form fits function. Just because the artifact looks similar or almost the same does not make it the same culture.
    Jack

Comment

Working...
    X