Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore

Built a home for the assistant superintendent of the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore a couple of years ago and stopped by to talk to him after finding one of my favorite fields went no till this year.
    Told him what I had been attempting to do this morning ( a hunt in what is the no till field )and got on the subject of some of the history and archaeology of the Indiana Dunes. He said one of the park services resident archaeologist was going to be coming out in June for a six week study and digs of some of the seasonal camps.
    I am now an official volunteer! Looking forward to participating in this, should be an interesting and educational experience and will greatly aid in my learning of the area and the peoples that were here long before us.
    I will keep you posted.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

What an awesome opportunity, Greg!  Look forward to hearing about your education!

Comment

Cool Greg, I bet you'll get a lot out of that. Would love to hear the updates!
      Southern Connecticut

Comment

Should be fun Greg.  Can't wait to hear about it.   Gary
        South Dakota

Comment

That sounds like a great opportunity. Can't wait for details and pics.
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

It should be a great learning experience, Greg. Enjoy yourself and looking forward to your reports.
            Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
            X