Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

765 maps, The national atlas of the United States of America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 765 maps, The national atlas of the United States of America.

Created in 1970. I for one had no idea it existed. 765 of you pick a subject, there is a map.
    Library of Congress. Worth the browse.

https://www.loc.gov/resource/g3701gm...p=1&st=gallery
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Very cool
    Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

That's cool Greg
      SW Connecticut

Comment

They're easily zoomed in on so the details can be studied - nice find Greg!
        If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Wow Grezy. Talk about going down the rabbit hole...I’m sure someone will come dig me out in a coupla hrs...
          Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• gregszybala
            gregszybala commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah that happened to me this morning and I'm going back in for more.

Thanks Greg for bringing this great resource to our attention. Although some of the info is antiquated, such as the highway maps and some demographic data, a huge amount of the info is still accurate for modern times or at least hasn't changed enough in 50 years to make a significant difference. I enjoyed looking at the highway maps and it brought back old memories of the days before the interstate highway was partially completed. We had not gotten completely spoiled at that time by the convenience of being able to zoom thru towns and cities or through certain mountainous areas at 70mph. It took longer to complete going thru cities because of all the complex real estate deals and the politics of destroying certain urban communities and construction thru the mountains and bridges across the Mississippi took longer to complete. I've bookmarked this so I can explore it in more depth.

Comment

Working...
          X