Cahokia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cahokia

From our road trip, a few pics from Cahokia. Worth the visit, the site was amazing and huge!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210507_105846.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	565584Click image for larger version

Name:	20210507_110203.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	565585Click image for larger version

Name:	20210507_110537.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	565586Click image for larger version

Name:	20210507_111534.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	565587Click image for larger version

Name:	20210507_111546.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	565588Click image for larger version

Name:	20210507_111550.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	565589
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Hi Greg. Glad you got a chance to visit Cahokia. I've wanted to visit there for a very long time but never got the chance. The panorama depicting how it may have looked during its "heyday" is excellent. Thanks for the show. Moundville near Tuscaloosa, AL is the only similar site I ever visited which I did about 3 years ago.

Comment

Thanks for posting Greg. Iโ€™ve been thinking about Cahokia for a long weekend trip. I bet itโ€™s a great place to see.
      South Carolina

Comment

Love the bones !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Love that place. Been several times, much to the dismay of my kids. We'd run them over to St Louis Zoo and Ole Dad got rewarded with a stop in Cahokia, lol.

I dont know if it's open, with Covid and all, but if you're that close to the Arch, there used to be an EXCELLENT display of artifacts in a museum under the Arch. Worth checking into.
          Western Kentucky

Comment

Chokia is open. Iโ€™m planning a trip soon. Thanks for the post Greg๐Ÿ‘
            Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing them greg.
              ๐Ÿœ ๐ŸŽค SW Georgia

Comment

Thanks for the tour Greg. I hope to get there someday.
                South Dakota

Comment

How much time should I set aside for a visit to Cahokia? I like to take my time and take in all a site has to offer. Would a day work for the museum and grounds?
                  Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

• gregszybala
                    gregszybala commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Trav, I'd consider somewhere between a half and whole day. I guess it depends on how much time you spend walking the site, looking at all of the displays in the museum and to what degree you absorb all the information. Monks mound, which is across the street but you can't miss can be walked to the top. Ten stories tall so that in itself will take a bit of time. What remains of the site itself can be walked as well, it's a park like setting. Cahokia is much, much bigger than what is in the park. There is a map in the museum that shows how big it is in relation to what is there today.

• Uncle Trav
                    Uncle Trav commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Greg. My wife and I are planning to go soon. Sounds like we will plan a whole day for the visit. My interest in the mound cultures runs deep and Cahokia has been on the list for a long time. Time to pull the trigger and head down there. Many thanks for the heads up.
                    ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜
                Working...
                X