Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fossil footprints show humans in North America more than 21,000 years ago

Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Gregsz , you see I posted this from another source 1 min after you did!? ….We just too cool…..
    I’ll take it down if you think should—— you are Moderator! But maybe articles have tiny differences. When writing paper, I read everything from every source can find….
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• gregszybala
      gregszybala commented
      Editing a comment
      Leave it up! We both found it simultaneously, I just beat you to the post. Like you said, different articles but another source. Always good!

• CMD
      CMD commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha. I had just logged in to post the article Greg posted at about the same time as you guys.

Hi Greg. Thanks much for bringing this exciting news to our attention.

Comment

I am posting the important supplementary material to the paper in Science, in both Cecilia’s and Greg’s thread. Lots of diagrams of the footprints….

https://www.science.org/action/downl...abg7586_SM.pdf
      Rhode Island

Comment

• gregszybala
        gregszybala commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Charlie

Just saw this on the net.....copied the link, and came to the site to post......looks like u beat me to it greg, and cc came in second.....pretty cool article
      Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

If the dating is solid, this is massive news. Off to read the science.org paper. Very exciting.
        California

Comment

Wowzers, this will be an interesting development to watch over the next couple of years!
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Interesting stuff
          South Dakota

Comment

Very interesting. I’ll be watching this story as it unfolds. Seems there’s always a good bit of back and forth about results after a new study is written up.
            Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

I read everything I could find on this yesterday. Many people have long understood that people existed in Americas long before Clovis. The way I understand this, there were many layers representing at least 2000 years of occupation. It sounds like the dating is pretty good.

It's a shame that some really good folks had their reputations destroyed when they discovered and reported civilization older than Clovis. We should have been very aware 30 years ago but the info was suppressed by the elite.

Comment

I always figured if Africa’s artifacts were as old as they say ours were older as well. I’m not saying all of them are older but when you find things that don’t match anything in the books and guides makes you wonder. Nice article
                NW Georgia,

Comment

A new study questions the actual age of these footprints….

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/ol...at-old-2212969

—————————————————————-

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...3711CD63C126F6
                  Abstract

The ancient human footprints in valley-bottom sediments in Tularosa Valley, New Mexico, are fascinating and potentially important because they suggest interactions between Pleistocene megafauna as well as great antiquity. The dating of those footprints is crucial in interpretations of when humans first came to North America from Asia, but the ages have larger uncertainties than has been reported. Some of that uncertainty is related to the possibility of a radiocarbon reservoir in the water in which the dated propagules of Ruppia cirrhosa grew. As a test of that possibility, Ruppia specimens collected in 1947 from nearby Malpais Spring returned a radiocarbon age of ca. 7400 cal yr BP. We think it would be appropriate to devise and implement independent means for dating the footprints, thus lowering the uncertainty in the proposed age of the footprints and leading to a better understanding of when humans first arrived in the Americas.
                  Last edited by CMD; 12-01-2022, 09:30 AM.
                  Rhode Island

Comment

Thanks for posting the link. I’ve been following this topic. Shows that peer review of new discoveries is alive and well.
                    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Working...
                    X