Clovis in Zacatecas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clovis in Zacatecas

Hello all, here is a quick read regarding Clovis found in Mexico you may find interesting if you havent read already.

Archaeologists have discovered a Clovis point, the characteristically fluted projectile point associated with the Clovis culture in the Mexican state of Zacatecas.
    Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

There was a Clovis from Chihuahua in the Overstreet Guide in the Desert Southwest section. I have seen a broken one also from Chihuahua

Comment

What makes that a clovis? Looks more like a dalton to me. But what do I know? Thats why Im asking

Comment

The Oldest known Clovis site in North America is in Mexico.....El-Fin-del-Mundo. This was a Mastadon kill site that has been radio carbon dated to over 13,000 years. It is located
        in northwest Mexico near the border with New Mexico and Arizona. There are very good web sites regarding this find. Click image for larger version

Name:	fin_del_mundo.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	605414Click image for larger version

Name:	Fin-del-Mundo points.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	605415

Comment

What is very interesting is; the Clovis point I found this summer is a dead ringer for the big one that appears in the hand of the finder. These types of Clovis points were only
          produced during a short time span. One would ask....Why does mine look almost exactly like the one found thousands of miles away? Experts think of course that the Paleo
          peoples moved alot due to migration and following the fauna. They brought their skills and points with them. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0767 (3).JPG
Views:	215
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	605418

Comment

• Benji
            Benji commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks massive.....whats the size on your point

A smidgen over 3 1/2 inches [ATTACH=JSON]n605561[/ATTACH]

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0905 (2).JPG
Views:	207
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	605563Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0910 (2).JPG
Views:	187
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	605564

Comment

• Benji
              Benji commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you....thats a nice point you have man

great find
            Wyoming

Comment

Amazing find !!!!

Comment

One fine find. Once in a lifetime but not in mine 50+years and nothing whole cept a couple pieces that might of been but no bases or flutes.
                SE IA

Comment

All good stuff. Good read and super Clovis!!! Thanks for the news Point Man. Kim
                  Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Working...
                  X