• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous, 8 miles of cave paintings

Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Mastedons, sloths, and horses, what a great find
    2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

Cool..I’m not seein any UFO’s..sure would like to see all the panels...Batman and scarecrow..

Click image for larger version

Name:	997A1557-A183-45CA-BDAF-2C5BAEBC7660.jpeg
Views:	309
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	602104
      Floridaboy.

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Silly!

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        😊
        Last edited by Hal Gorges; 11-28-2021, 02:19 AM.

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        We gotta get Apple Pencils Hal, so we don’t have to draw with stubby little fingers IPad !

Quite a few links here. The last link in particular has lots of photos….

What is likely the most spectacular site of pictographic rock art in the entire Western Hemisphere, has been found in the Colombian Amazon. Up to 12,500 years old, with images of extinct animals. Literally tens of thousands of images in red ochre: https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/nov/29/sistine-chapel-of-the-ancients

Rhode Island

Comment

• sailorjoe
        sailorjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought this thread looked kinda familiar. You told us about it a year ago. I forgot about it but it was good to re-walk a beautiful old path.

• LongStride
        LongStride commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks, we were itching to see more

Just amazing! Makes the imagination shift into overdrive. Just to sit and ponder those panels would be a privilege.
      Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Neat stuff! My question is... why would anyone think folks from Siberia ran down to Columbia and painted those cliffs?

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Wanderlust?

Hmm.. no sign of Solutrean involvement

Name:	French-Mammoth.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	602199
        If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          It took me second or two associate poodle-cut with Solutrean stuff! Even longer catch knapped ears! Very, very, cleverly cute!!
          Last edited by Cecilia; 11-28-2021, 05:02 AM.

Thanks very much for bringing this amazing discovery to our attention. Another amazing thing to me that these paintings are actually not cave paintings but paintings on what seems to be an exposed cliff side on what looks to be a mesa and that they did not become obliterated by the elements for the thousands of years they have been in existence. I wish exterior house paint that is available on the market was anywhere near that good. lol

Comment

Amazing. The Most elaborate Ancient Art I’ve seen in one area. Must been a sacred place. Those walls speak if you’ll just—Listen! Thanks for sharing Greg’—always enjoy the informative articles you post.

Comment

I could never get enuf of this; I’m so glad for another helping!! Here more photos:
            https://news.artnet.com/art-world/mo...ck-art-1928138

I read that there is Ice Age horse among animals so clearly painted that can see hairs on a face that archeologist described as “wild and heavy”. Of course, I can’t find where read this, nor ever been able find any photos of this horse. If anybody following articles re this runs across any pics of that particular rendering Ice Age equine ancestor, please, please share!

Also, haven't asked any arcane Qs lately, so will ask why this article calls these pictographs “cave paintings”? Is it thot maybe this massive cliff face was part of cave during ice age ? (But maybe author just didn’t thoroughly research coz references discovery date as 2019 when think several yrs earlier…..)

Hal has made me silly, too, so blue arrow points to clearly Ice Age cartoon bubble with what tiny yellowed creatures saying:
            ”Hurry Up Stanley, Bob! Run Run Run Faster Hank! We Appetizers this Smorgasbord!”

Click image for larger version  Name:	F6E752FC-618D-4BC1-8E34-C2D8716BAA71.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	113.6 KB ID:	602323
            Last edited by Cecilia; 11-28-2021, 06:23 AM.
            Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Photos link I posted above posted by CMD last year. Those of you who discover these discoveries and share truly appreciated!

Tried restrain self, but cannot help it; must point out coupla coolest things bout photos I’ve seen:
              * Many creatures are combined animals, with two different heads, bodies:

Name:	AE54FB24-C551-4AA2-B66A-664B1B49C697.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	602986Click image for larger version

Name:	6C733EB2-0641-4722-A73D-B4300369DFA6.jpeg
Views:	192
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	602987

*Looky these people wearing funky clothes dancing (I think) upside down on their hands! What imagination!!
              Click image for larger version  Name:	2FE0D9BE-142B-43D0-81DB-18B351A2304C.jpeg Views:	39 Size:	100.1 KB ID:	602337
              Last edited by Cecilia; 12-01-2021, 06:59 PM.
              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Cecilia... I can read that...

Hey Brutus, what are those two deer doing? Its that time of year . Gather the tribe and get you spear. Looks like that sabertooth cat gonna beat us to them. Gotta hurry. Let's go Jim Bob!
                Last edited by Hoss; 11-28-2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• gregszybala
                  gregszybala commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can we leave the need to politicize somewhere else, like not on Arrowheads.com?

• Cecilia
                  Cecilia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Huh?

More info. about the location, and details of
                Chiribiquete National Park – “The Maloca of the Jaguar”
                *A maloca being an ancestral long house used by indigenous people of the Amazon, notably in Colombia and Brazil. Each community has a maloca with its own unique characteristics.

Chiribiquete National Park, the largest protected area in Colombia, is the confluence point of four biogeographical provinces: Amazon, Andes, Orinoco and Guyana. As such, the National Park guarantees the ...
                If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

boat with sail?
                  Attached Files
                  2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

Looks like a boat with a sail to me. Surely there is a way to date this other than just by the animals represented

Comment

Working...
                    X