Comet and the Hopewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comet and the Hopewell

Not sure if anyone posted this story yet (sorry if I'm repeating) but I found this interesting. Makes me a little nervous when you continue to see new evidence coming to light about how many times this has happened in Earth's past. Probably more common than we think.

https://www.uc.edu/news/articles/202...-hopewell.html
    Central Ohio

I know bout this one, but forgot source of illustration:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	33E6BD94-36AB-4B5B-A412-1C8F505F9A7D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	132.4 KB ID:	613429
    I always speculated that Weedens wiped out, too. And how’s this for seed of speculation: Apophos (?… my memory wacky) is large meteor set to pass Earth 2026, and return 7 yrs later—-collision course unknown…
    Last edited by Cecilia; 02-08-2022, 12:00 AM.
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• flintguy
      flintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      There's talk about a similar event taking out the Clovis culture, at least in the north eastern part of the US. Dust from an impact causing a temporary climate change and a flash flood from ice melt from the initial heat.

I read this article early this morning while the stars were still out in a fiercely cold winter sky. I wonder if they saw it coming? Was it a beautiful orb that hung in the sky for nights, growing ever larger? Did they admire its beauty or fear its presence? Did the stories come before or after? Or did it arrive suddenly and without warning? I agree, this has happened more times than man has ever recorded.
    Child of the tides

Comment

• flintguy
      flintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      The things we don't know.

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      O, yeah, I’m sure they saw a beautiful phenomenon in their sky at night (and maybe during the day), and wondered what it meant. Some of the People, like the Mayas, maybe anticipated it….

I recently watched something about asteroids, meteorites and solar flares past effects on the planet. Very interesting but does make one stop and think. Found myself wondering how the surviving NA decided which direction to move, North, South, etc.
    South Carolina

Comment

• flintguy
      flintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting point Josie. Probably in all directions. Eventually,moving back in, but maybe without the past cultural lifestyle
      Still intact. You here talk of Iroquoi Indians in New York having stories of their ancestors coming from the Ohio area. Could have been from this event. But I don't know, or if anyone knows the actual time period of those migrations.

If you go to the Fraudulent Archaeology group on Facebook, you will find that this discovery is being raked over the coals big time. Woman considered the top Hopewell scholar alive is lambasting it, stating nothing they say can be demonstrated at any Hopewell site. I can’t go into detail but you can Google the criticism of this study. Criticism was immediate and widespread. And yes, the Hopewell did collect meteorites from the Brenham, Ks. fall of a pallasite meteorite. All the dust sized particles of pallasite found at the Turner site may just reflect a pallasite workshop area, not evidence of a huge comet airburst.

And, while I am at it, that article I posted a few months ago about the airburst that destroyed a Mideastern city that the authors thought was Sodom?? It is going to be retracted. They made photoshop changes to excavation photos without admitting it. And they are funded by a group looking to prove events mentioned in the Bible.
    It too is being raked over the coals as terrible science. And it does look, for photoshopping photos alone, their paper will be retracted.
    Rhode Island

Comment

I actually did see that and was thinking about posting about how the article I shared probably wasn't accurate. It does look as though the original info was not well received by others in the field.
      Central Ohio

Comment

Working...
      X