Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ancients collected artifacts just as we do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ancients collected artifacts just as we do.

An interesting article how the ancients collected artifacts from even earlier times for reuse and perhaps as a remembrance of their ancestors.
    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Thanks Uncle Trav for bringing this to our attention. It is a very interesting article. it told us that the old timers reused artifacts that they had found. I think that is something many of us already knew or suspected. However, I think they jumped to the wrong conclusion as to why they collected it in the first place. Yes, I agree that when doing so it evoked some of the same emotions that we experience but to say that was the reason they collected them is jumping to conclusions. And to say that they removed minimal flakes when recycling them is because of respect or some such reason for the original knapper is just short of baloney. I'll bet that none of the authors are knappers. Anyway that is my two bits worth.

Comment

This is why I never throw anything out.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Thank you for the read.

Comment

A good read Uncle T.

Possible reason for not discovering stone tools with 3 or 4 lifecycles..

Click image for larger version

Name:	~Recyclers.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	619883
          If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Olden....that's hoofrickinlarious! Uncle Trav, thanks for sharing. As far as the article, not a fan. It's a neat idea, and not a bad one. Just too much conjecture for me. There are a lot of other possibilities, like how about it was just more convenient to pick up a tool someone left on the ground and repurpose to your own needs? People are people whenever it is they exist.

Comment

Working...
            X