Interesting archaeology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting archaeology

Many of us may be more related to this find, than any of the NA finds. This is interesting modern archaeology, done in a very different climate than here in the US.
    Would US archaeologists search specifically for the bones of a 15th century Indian king? Not without great pc uproar, such as has happened with other US skeletal finds in the past twenty or so years.
    I'm looking forward to the results of their various experiments.
    A mutilated skeleton unearthed from a medieval church in Leicester is undergoing testing to determine if it belongs to Richard III, an unlucky king of England who died in battle in 1485.

CliffJ wrote:

Many of us may be more related to this find, than any of the NA finds. This is interesting modern archaeology, done in a very different climate than here in the US.
    Would US archaeologists search specifically for the bones of a 15th century Indian king? Not without great pc uproar, such as has happened with other US skeletal finds in the past twenty or so years.
    I'm looking forward to the results of their various experiments.
    A mutilated skeleton unearthed from a medieval church in Leicester is undergoing testing to determine if it belongs to Richard III, an unlucky king of England who died in battle in 1485.
      He did have a big lump on his back, so I've got a "hunch" it could well be him!  :laugh:
    He is at least promised a decent burial in Leicester Cathedral if the DNA tests confirm the lineage:

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Thanks for the link Cliff. I have been following this story for a while now. And you are sure right about the differences in climates.
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I cant believe this one only garnered two replies. I like the way you think Cliff. I have some welch and English ancestry in my lineage Dutch German and Eyetalian too.  Where can I go to complain about my 15th great grand uncle thrice removed being dug up and picked at?
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hoss wrote:

I cant believe this one only garnered two replies. I like the way you think Cliff. I have some welch and English ancestry in my lineage Dutch German and Eyetalian too.  Where can I go to complain about my 15th great grand uncle thrice removed being dug up and picked at?
            Hoss, by my calculations it only needs 8,493,642 people to perish in a series of unimaginable tragedies and you would be KING. The position doesn’t come with the kudos it used to, but you do get to wear some fancy headgear.
          In anticipation of this coming to fruition, could I ask for your consideration on the following matters?
          We could reclaim our former territories in France (and probably a bit more too) with little military effort. I would suggest digging it up and planting something useful. Trees maybe. Potatoes even.
          Also, a restoration of the lands and privileges earned by my ancestor Sir Robert Lawrence (Robert de Lancaster) during the Third Crusades in the 12th Century, when he scaled the walls during the siege of Acre castle to open the gates to the crusading armies.
          A Hoss, a Hoss. My kingdom for a Hoss!  :laugh:
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

[QUOTE]painshill wrote:

Originally posted by Hoss post=65008
              Hoss, by my calculations it only needs 8,493,642 people to perish in a series of unimaginable tragedies and you would be KING. The position doesn’t come with the kudos it used to, but you do get to wear some fancy headgear.
              HEY NOW!!! Im no king but i get to wear some fancy headgear! The only bad thing about it is that it keeps me from licking the windows!  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :whistle:  B)

Comment

LOL @ the shot at France, made my day(err...night)

Comment

Me too.
                Jess B.
                It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                Circa:1982

Comment

I've been following the research with great interest.  I hope they make a documentory of it all.

Comment

It's confirmed.
                    The image is based on a CT scan taken by experts at the University of Leicester, who discovered the king's skeleton with the help of the Richard III Society during an archaeological dig last September.

Dr Turi King of the University of Leicester said that there was a DNA match between the maternal line of a descendant of the family of Richard III and the remains found beneath Grey Friars car park.

Comment

Very interesting thanks for link Cliff

Comment

On the news yesterday there was a reference about a knife wound in a place lets say not expected. ???
                        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Wow!!! It amazes me!!! I love technology!

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

On the news yesterday there was a reference about a knife wound in a place lets say not expected. ???
                              Guess someone snuck up behind him
                            Rhode Island

Comment

:evil: hmy:  :blink:  inch:  :lol:
                              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
                              X