Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazil: Ancient Man or Monkeys?

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/an...onkeys-2237820

Article claims this is a “major blow” to those seeking to disprove “Clovis First”. Really? Give me a break, it has no bearing on other pre-Clovis sites at all. Still, it’s an important study:

”Experts are reevaluating prehistoric Pleistocene-era sites in Brazil previously believed to have been home to ancient humans. It turns out, the 50,000-year-old stone tools discovered in excavations are probably the work of capuchin monkeys, not early humans.

“We are confident that the early archeological sites from Brazil may not be human-derived but may belong to capuchin monkeys,” wrote archaeologist Agustín M. Agnolín and paleontologist Federico L. Agnolín in an article published in the new issue of the journal the Holocene.

The study:

Rhode Island

Thanks Charlie, That's an interesting article but they make some statements I can't agree with. I agree with you: What they find at this site in no way negates the evidence found at other sites. The monkeys used stones as tools: The monkeys didn't make stone tools.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

That article is not science, it's just a political smear.

Comment

Nobody’s making a monkey out of me.

Comment

Working...
        X