Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants

Here is a arrowhead from Chicago, 12 inches in length.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...47557084_n.jpg not found

th:

The owner of the above large arrow or spearhead contact me, greaterancestors@yahoo.com Here is an example you might like: 17 - 18" in length.

Comment

Both examples you have posted are Hopewell Ross Blades, among the rarest of all flint artifacts. They are found primarily in Mounds in Ohio and have nothing to do with "Giants". The second is on display in the Ohio Historical Society Museum in Columbus, Ohio along with a couple others.
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I guess this 39 lb hand axe from Ohio was wielded by the average person, use an 8 lb sledgehammer for two minutes then get back to me about your skepticism. You would be hard pressed to find a single county in Ohio that did not have giant artifacts, giant skeletons, or both .http://greaterancestors.com/39-lb-ha...found-in-ohio/

Comment

GAWM wrote:

I guess this 39 lb hand axe from Ohio was wielded by the average person, use an 8 lb sledgehammer for two minutes then get back to me about your skepticism. You would be hard pressed to find a single county in Ohio that did not have giant artifacts, giant skeletons, or both .http://greaterancestors.com/39-lb-ha...found-in-ohio/
          Chris

As the article at the link you posted says, the copper axe is from Seip Mound complex near Bainbridge in Ross County, Ohio. The site represents an extraodinarily high-status Hopewell burial site. Also as that article says, the axe “when hafted in a number of ways… remains non-functional”. Far from being “no apparent reason for it”, the axe is regarded by archaeologists as a votive offering (symbolic and not intended to be functional), reflecting the status and importance of the people buried there. The skeletons found were of normal stature and the axe has nothing to do with giants.

The Ohio Historical Society excavated the mounds between 1925 and 1928. This account is edited down from Henry Clyde Shetrone’s book “The Mound Builders”:

The skeletons of four adults and two children, interred within a burial chamber of logs and timbers, doubtless were those of persons of unusual importance. Many thousands of pearl beads and numerous ornaments and implements of copper, marine tortoiseshell, and other materials accompanied the burials. Beneath large copper breastplates and preserved by the chemical action of the copper were found portions of burial shrouds of woven fabric with colored designs.

This cremated burial was unusual for the culture, in that it occupied a boxlike structure of flat stones. With the cremated bones will be noted a stone axe, copper ear ornaments, and pendants made from wildcat jaws.

The most striking feature of the examination was the finding of an interior sepulcher or vault, constructed of logs and timbers, in which reposed four adult skeletons, placed side by side and extended on their backs, while lying at their heads, transversely, were the skeletons of two infants. Whether or not this was a family tomb or a sepulcher devoted to the "royalty" of the community, it is indisputable that the occupants were of the elect. The burials were accompanied by a rich array of artifacts, some of which were unique. There were thousands of pearls, from which circumstance newspaper reports at the time designated the interments as the "great pearl burial." Implements and ornaments of copper, mica, tortoise-shell, and silver were found in profusion. A single individual, an adult male, wore the same type of artificial nose and the copper rodlike hair ornaments found in the double burial of the Hopewell Group. Imprints of an elaborate burial robe were apparent, and beneath and preserved by large copper breastplates accompanying three of the four adults portions of this shroud were well preserved. The burial robe or shroud, of woven fabric, proved to be a unique find in that it bore colored designs. These designs, conventional in character, were in tan, maroon, and black.

Two important votive offerings occurred in the central Seip Mound. In one of these reposed a huge ceremonial copper axe weighing 28 pounds. Over this were placed twelve large copper breastplates, overlapping one another, and between them were many thicknesses of woven fabric. This fabric, preserved by the chemical action of the copper, is very similar in weave, texture, and color to the homespun linen of pioneer days. It is perhaps the only woven fabric preserved in its original color and practically unstained so far taken from a mound. The other votive offering was the five massive effigy pipes of the Lower Mississippi culture.
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

The 39ib is non-functional to us due to its size. This is common these giant axes, i am fully aware of the government educational system's view which limits personal thought, and in most cases squeezes out a small anomalous portion of Paleontology, anthropology and archaeology to make its points. As they also use anomalous areas as well and not much in the way geographically. The government is as educationally responsible as it is fiscally responsible. This is where many institutionalized critics might call me a "conspiracist", far from it. Free-thinking is never a one-size-fits-all, and no one in the right mind would disagree.
            I personally have the only replica of the "Manitoba Axe" a 27.5 lb stone axe from Canada, i have held the original in my hands. These artifacts have everything to do with giant humans.  "8 foot Giants Penn. The Pittsburgh Press – Sep 13, 1932" There are hundreds of examples inside Ohio alone. You can see the printed newspaper photos and the research done by archaeologists. If you have a model that doesn't allow for 8 foot skeletons, you should scrap the model you are using. Anomalies are a burden even if they are carried by the academic community. Anyway, there are mass graves of giants that have been found. . . this is evidence, i see the opposition as being witnesses to comfortable stories, many of the Hopewell mounds should be attributed to the Allegewi, or possibly the Adena cultures that preceded the Hopewell.I really do not care about changing the following of your peers, i just find those same peers out of touch.
                 “The eyes of that species of extinct giant, whose bones fill the mounds of America, have gazed on Niagara as our eyes do now.” Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Comment

Dont understand why this artifact is associated with "giants", theres numerous stone axes and artifacts alot larger than this one that has been found that was evidently used by the typical normal size indian...?

Comment

i love unusual stuff like this makes my frontal lobe all tingly lol

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0873 [replaced].jpg
Views:	278
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	208825

ok, i have been following this post,and... i think everyone has good ideas about the whole thing, u just never know. i found this GEOFACT a few weeks back sticcking out of a dried up creek bank. when i 1st saw it i thot it might be a huge point. the week before i actually dreamed about finding a huge point. the one in my dream tho was coffee table size. i told chase about my dream one day in chat. that was before i found this. maybe my pipe also was a personal pipe of a giant, you never know!! just wanted to show you guys my huge point that coulda been a preform of what started this topic.

Comment

William, excellent there is no punishment from having a better understanding than the mainstream one. If you have a better idea than the majority, voice it. Just-so-stories do not trump hard evidences. There are many large arrowhead from OHIO State which has the highest concentration of giant skeletons. Its no coincidence that there would be an abundance of giant arrowheads there by the races that preceded the Hopewell.

Comment

thanx i thot i found a giant hammer stone one time way too heavy for me to pick up and im 220 lbs and 6 ft tall thats a big hammer stone lol

Comment

GAWM wrote:

William, excellent there is no punishment from having a better understanding than the mainstream one. If you have a better idea than the majority, voice it. Just-so-stories do not trump hard evidences. There are many large arrowhead from OHIO State which has the highest concentration of giant skeletons. Its no coincidence that there would be an abundance of giant arrowheads there by the races that preceded the Hopewell.
                          Nice campfire story!  :huh:  :blink:  :S  inch:
                        Rhode Island

Comment

Wonder if they had huge stone tablets?  :woohoo:

Comment

turkeytail wrote:

Mark, Mark, Mark ! I am removing you from my friends list!

Comment

[QUOTE]Butch Wilson wrote:

Originally posted by turkeytail post=71933
                              Mark, Mark, Mark ! I am removing you from my friends list!

Comment

Working...
                              X