Prehistoric Metropolis Ecuador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prehistoric Metropolis Ecuador

Not sure if this has already been posted or not.....I don't think so, but if so, I apologize.........this is amazing, so much more to discover out there. I'd love to work on a discovery like this.
    If someone were to ask you what you know about the history of the Amazon, what would you say? Archaeologist Stéphen Rostain, who knows a thing or two about the region, insists in a recent profile that the answer is “nothing, because the history that we think we know is wrong.” In a study recently published in Science, Rostain chronicles a 30-year research project and the astonishing discovery of a 2,500-year-old metropolis in the Ecuadorian rainforest, a “lost valley of cities.” While previous expeditions to the area have documented large mounds and monuments throughout the area, the enormity and complexity of this find exceeded expectations with the discovery of thousands of houses, complex roads, plazas, ceremonial sites, and drainage canals. More

Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

A missionary/botanist friend of mine was told by the natives in Peru, that they would often find entire clay pots from earlier cultures buried in river sand bars. Most of the time the pots would disintegrate but they sometimes found artifacts in the pots. He showed me a pre-Incan copper knife that had a curved blade and a Tucan shaped handle. This was deep in the jungle far from any known ruins. I bet there are many ruins that only remote tribes know about. If you’re interested, I’ll draw you a picture of the knife.
    South Carolina

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Please!

LiDAR. The most revolutionary advance in archaeology. Take 20 years to explore a region? Not now!
    Rhode Island

Comment

I've read about these vast cities in the Amazon. It is said that most of Amazon is covered with lost cities. K
      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

There were big cities there but the jungle took them back (like it takes my backyard!)

They had running latrines!
        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Working...
        X