RESTORED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RESTORED

ARROWHEAD DEALER WINTON TOLD ME THAT THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST WILSON HE HAS SEEN SO FAR, SO I DECIDED TO GET IT RESTORED I NEVER IN MY COLLECTING DAYS THOUGHT I WOULD EVER RESTORE A POINT. I WILL BE GETTING IT BACK TOMORROW AND IT IS RIGHT AT 4 INCHES! HUGH FOR A WILSON? ANY THOUGHTS ABOUT RESTORATION APRECIATED. OH, AND, BY THE WAY....THE DAMAGE WAS FROM MODERN DIGGING EQUIPMENT...IF THATS A CONCERN. FOUND AT THE WILSON SAND PIT, AND CAME WITH A ROGERS COA

At the last Fredericksburg Texas indian artifact show I scored this Wilson type arrowhead from Winston Ellison. He is the biggest arrowhead dealer in Texs. He told me that this would have been the biggest Wilson found except for tip damage from modern digging equipment. It came with a Rogers c.o.a.. I have never had one restored before, but because of the size I sent it off. It will end up being about 4 inches. Hugh for the type. I was wondering if I made the right decision getting it restored
    I would appreciate any input as far as having restorations done on arrowheads. All feedback Did I make the right decision?

Click image for larger version

Name:	sellers0432 [replaced].jpg
Views:	476
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	198937

Dave is your keyboard broke? Please stop using capital letters in your posts. I ask this because of forum etiquette, it is considered shouting. Please don't shout at us.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

its your point,so do what you feel is right
      but if it were mine, i would have to leave it as is
      i dont mind a little damage to them,adds character

Comment

But it was modern damage :rolf:

Comment

Its a huge Wilson if that's what it is, but I believe I have a couple larger. Im not 100 percent its a Wilson either. I have one like it....what ever it is...and it has been called Wilson by a couple of smart guys.

Comment

Thanks for toning down your type. :rolf:
            The point restored or not will still have the blemish weather modern or not. To restore it will give a visual effect of the complete point . most all restoration on tips and sides can be interpretative ..Bases can be left to imagination. Either way you would need to do this for you. A COA would not stand up to a  restoration component . At that point (no pun intended) it would just look pretty in a case.
            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Appreciate it. The only possible good thing is that Duane Rogers papered it before restore

Comment

Good candidate, neat.
                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

I really don't have a problem with most restoration. Personally, if I had found this piece I probably wouldn't do it.
                  Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

After first glance by other collectors-"some',  autimaticaly blurted out Scottsbluff. I wonder if they are related? Wilson is older than Scottsbluff    hmy: He is finding them both in same area :dunno:

Comment

DAVES TONKAWA TRADING POST wrote:

After first glance by other collectors-"some',  autimaticaly blurted out Scottsbluff. I wonder if they are related? Wilson is older than Scottsbluff    hmy: He is finding them both in same area :dunno:
                        For the record, I do not believe they are related in any way but if you wanted to make the argument, here is a five incher with CLASSIC ScottsBluff flaking.

Comment

B) Almost same form...... :dunno: but at least mine is thinned like a flute.  :crazy:

Comment

I dont know that type, but it is very similar looking to scottsbluff  (wether type 1,2 or even 3?) points.
                          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

So is this one. You can see the flute like termination in the bottom pic. Two big strikes on each side. By the way, this point was called a Wilson and very well may be one since it came from my site with a bunch of other fine Wilsons. Whatever it is, yours is the same.

Comment

B) Yup, it's a /wilson from the sand pits :cheer:

Comment

Working...
                              X