Re-Based Clovis ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Based Clovis ?

The first thing this brings to mind is Tony Baker's theory that basal fluting may have evolved as a strategy for salvaging snapped-off foresections of thick lanceolate points. From western Virginia, and showing three or four impact fractures at the distal end.

Two thinning strikes ending in hinges ("flutes"); the other side shows the remnant of a fluting nipple set up and then ground away. Very thick for its size.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00709.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	351.7 KB
ID:	168222
    Last edited by amateur; 08-13-2015, 11:31 AM.

Or retipped?
    Again I'm confused. How would that explain lengthy fluted points that appear to be first stage?
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

ele.net is available for purchase. Get in touch to discuss the possibilities!

Comment

Again, nevermind.
        It appears you have opened up earlier posts with an attempt to open up discussion. At least that's what I thought and were giving you the benefit of the doubt on. Looks more like you have and or know all the answers and your comments are either not open to debate or comment.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nothing about the beaten up stub that I posted looks anything like a first stage anything, that I can see at least. What Tony wrote about has nothing to do with first stage fluted points at all. Why can't the thread be about what its about ?

Comment

Working...
          X