Mungai Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mungai Knife

So termed by Adovasio, naming it after a village near the Meadowcroft site. But other than a picture of it (triangular in form with a median ridge and an irregular base, both retouched edges converging to a point) I can find nothing other than references to it.

Can anybody define, or link me to a definition of it ?

Thanks in Advance if so.

I cannot.
    Are you sure you spelled it correctly? Many times I find if I try an alternate spelling it might help with internet searches. If something was posted after the original writer. Typos can be problematic especially with the internet. There is a lot of mis information presented. No one is perfect. I make mistakes. I have found other mistakes. I had my old web page up for years as an educational page showing New England point typology in one section. It was all personal find material and I thought it was great. Well after it was published for about 5 years a gentleman wrote me and told me Vosburg was spelled wrong. Sure enough I had it in there as Vosberg. We all make mistakes.

Maybe PKFrey will see this and can help steer you to information. You mentioned Adivasio and Meadowcroft in your comment. Paul is very knowledgeable and comments here often about New England pre history and PA especially. If anyone else knows by all means please share.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

First decent link that came up -- Meadowcroft Rockshelter, a pre-Clovis site - Don's Maps

donsmaps.com/meadowcroft.html
      Oct 5, 2014 - The Pre-Clovis lithic assemblage from Meadowcroft is comprised of flaking debris, blades, a large flake knife (the Mungai Knife), and a ...

Comment

Great link Amateur thank you for posting it.
        I am amazed at the depth of fill that has encroached into that shelter.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
        X