buffalo shaped arrowhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buffalo shaped arrowhead

Has anyone heard of or seen a buffalo carved and shaped arrowhead? My friend has one in Oklahoma and we are trying to find out what it is and what it is worth. Thanks.

Effigy?. Picture, please. Then when might be able to give an opinion. Thanks, Kenny

Comment

Oh! you gotta talk to Pam!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Hey Kenny look at my pic and my album if you want to see some effigies. Most of them in here dont believe in them but then who made them and where did they come from? Aliens I guess  hmy:

Comment

itwasluck wrote:

Hey Kenny look at my pic and my album if you want to see some effigies. Most of them in here dont believe in them but then who made them and where did they come from? Aliens I guess  hmy:
            Glenn, actually no need to resort to aliens as an explanation.  They're natural rocks for the most part.   
          Charlie
          Rhode Island

Comment

Here is a picture folks. Not very clear but you can see the shape. Help?

Comment

that is a VERY interesting point!  It looks like a stemmed point that snapped off at the barbs and then was renotched for further use.  The resemblance to a Buffalo head is obvious but probably unintentional.  I don't know that it would have big commercial value but it sure is unusual.

Comment

I would like to see a much better picture of this item so we can see the patination on it.
                Jack

Comment

IF it is authentic I would call it eccentric form, IF authentic.

Comment

I just found one with the same shape in Utah. See the attached photo.

Attachment IMG_0434.jpg not found

Comment

cloveridge wrote: I just found one with the same shape in Utah. See the attached photo.

Attachment IMG_0434.jpg not found

Out of my area, but it may be worth taking a look at the "Sauvies Island Hafting -Notched" type 1750-400 B. P. Nice Find!
                      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Hey cloveridge, That's a nice find and I think Kyflintguy nailed it.
                        Michigan Yooper
                        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Wow a 4 year old thread.  Cool.   Nice point as well.
                          South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                          X