Some help with point type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help with point type

Hello all I'm hoping to get a few opinons on these points and blade type and age frame. All were found in same field in Western NY by me over the last couple days.

Good couple of days!
    Be patient and allow a couple of days for someone from your area to give you some help with id.
    Last edited by gregszybala; 05-14-2017, 05:47 AM.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I'll take a shot at this. It's easier than most because you listed numbers to refer to!
      1. Meadowood- Archaic/Woodland, 3000 B.P. , Onondaga chert. Heavily resharpened to exhaustion.
      2-3-5. Notched Brewertons-Archaic, 4500 B.P., Normanskill chert
      6-7. Lamoka points, Archaic, 4500 B.P., Onondaga chert
      4. Adena-Archaic/Woodland, 1500 B.P., Onondaga chert.
      Now this is only identifying from photos, and the lighting, so I think I either have it right, or very close to materials ID. Hope this helps!
      http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

You had some good days. Thanks for the info Paul.
        South Dakota

Comment

Thanks guys I looked up the types you described and I would agree but I'm not an expert that's why I needed some help.

Comment

Originally posted by SDhunter View Post
            You had some good days. Thanks for the info Paul.
            I know this is from last year's plowing still waiting for them to plow this year any day now I hope

Comment

It looks like most are made of Onadaga chert.

Comment

Nice to have some plowed fields to walk. All the fields here are now no-till. ☹️
                Child of the tides

Comment

Nice finds Paul is spot on with his types and lithics as well. Those Lamoka points although crude always get me going! LOL I have found many in my hunts over the years in western CT along the Housatonic drainage.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                  X