No announcement yet.

It's actually an etiquette question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's actually an etiquette question...

When is it right to post items in Artifact Questions and Answers, versus in What Did I Find? I don't want to become known as the new member that posts stuff in the wrong spot....

Thanks,
    Judith

I think you posted this in the correct section. Good start! And being a newbie here I wouldn't be to concerned. As you use the site and become accustomed to it you'll get a better feel for what and where to place your posts.
    Browse through both categories and you will see what type of posts are typical in each.
    What did I find, typically about a find and you are looking for help in identification.
    Artifact questions and answers, more often about different aspects of artifacts. Why type questions.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Kyflintguy
      Kyflintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Greg, we were thinking the same thing at the same time. lol.

Good question really! We always give new members a fair amount of leeway to figure things out with navigating the forum. In my opinion those to sections somewhat overlap. I say if you have a question about what type of artifact you found along with pictures the best place would be " what did I find?".

"Artifact questions and answers" would be more like "why were larger knives sometimes beveled?" ; just general questions that aren't specific to one particular artifact.
    And I wouldn't sweat it too much, just try your best to find what you think is the correct section and if you place something somewhere it doesn't belong a moderator can simply move it to the correct area.
    Hope this helps!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Judith this site is like the friendly neighborhood tavern...pull up a chair...the Mods here do a great job and will not tolerate any rudeness or nonsense so ask away and if ya make a mistake...oh well...I make at least one per day....and welcome to the site...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Mistakes are how we learn. No worries we like folks to post in the right category but we are patient with new memebers. Welcome to the forum
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Just post away. It is all good. I still haven't figured out where to post myself.
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I usually post right next to a tree. Oh wait that is during deer season when I am trying to blend in with the scenery.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
              X