Ebay addiction???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay addiction???

Well I couldn't help myself but I did lay off for two months. I bought these points from a eBay auction of the arrowhead collection of William Elbert Steger. I wish I had the money to pick more but I got the one I really wanted! The first one is a Wisconsin Paleo Quad that looks like a Hardaway to me? That's why I bought it. The other is a Columbia River gem point. There were a bunch of super nice gem points I would have like to bid on. Anyway here's a few pictures of the two I bought and some other recent acquisitions from a frame I picked up at an Antique Store that are really nice. I'm still not sure what a couple of them are?

Here's some eye candy!

Von
    Last edited by Von; 06-11-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Here's the pictures from the Antique Store and a beveled Dalton I picked up at a local Arrowhead Show. I'll post it last. I believe the first one is a nice Adena knife?

Von
      Last edited by Von; 06-11-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Jetta or Pendernales?

Comment

Dalton or something else?

Comment

• sailorjoe
            sailorjoe commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Von. I don't think that point is a Dalton. Do you know anything about where it was found and in what context? Lanceolate shaped points often are difficult to ID as to type. There are at least one or two others that I might suggest if I knew more. Other than being made by random flaking what else can you tell us about the point?

Nice Big Sandy.

Comment

Chert knife?

Comment

• sailorjoe
              sailorjoe commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, It looks to be a knife point and it looks to be made from chert. Is that also a point type? If so, that is a new one for me.

• Von
              Von commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know the point type?

Here's the beveled Dalton from the arrowhead show.

Comment

Some nice points you have picked up. None of the photos will enlarge for a better view.
              I'm not familiar with a Wisconsin Quad, is that the info the seller provided with the point?
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Ron Kelley
                Ron Kelley commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Greg, They all enlarged for me on the desktop.

• Von
                Von commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes that's what the seller told me so that's all I have to go on. Either way it's a very cool point that I'm happy to own until I pass it on to someone else.

Von

• CMD
                CMD commented
                Editing a comment
                They enlarged on my iPad as well.

I'm not much help on most of those. Did you get any locations with those others besides the quad like piece? The adena looks definite Tn /Al material with river stain.
              Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Von
                Von commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi,

Only one point in that frame had provinence and it was from Florida. I posted a thread about it. All I was told is that they were from Texas which turned out to be wrong.

Von

Hey Bryan, That's a nice collection of points. Hope you don't mind me posting a few full size pictures. Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	359.8 KB ID:	252460
              Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	350.0 KB ID:	252461
              Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	318.2 KB ID:	252464
              Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	313.6 KB ID:	252463
              Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	309.7 KB ID:	252462
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Von
                Von commented
                Editing a comment
                Post full size pictures of the Dalton or something else point. I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Anyway that and the Jetta or Pendernales point are the one's I really don't have a handle on?

Von

• CMD
                CMD commented
                Editing a comment
                Von, if you double click your thumbnails, they will actually enlarge even larger then seen in Ron's enlargements. They will still be thumbnails, but double click and they will actually fill the entire screen.

Very nice!
              Child of the tides

Comment

Very nice. I too, have struggled with Ebay addiction. The struggle is real.

Comment

• Von
                  Von commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hear ya!!!

Ebay just hangs out there and draws me in a little at a time until I find something and give in!

Von
                  Last edited by Von; 06-11-2017, 09:53 PM.

Hey Bryan, Here is that one:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	321.4 KB
ID:	252490Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	306.5 KB
ID:	252491
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

The 'Dalton or something' could be a Hi-Lo. Any idea where it hails from?

Comment

• Von
                    Von commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Hi-Lo,

I was told the points in that frame were from Texas and a few of them may be like the Jetta or Pendernales. One of them had providence written on it and it is from Florida. I'm thinking they are mostly from the South but have no way of knowing about this one? I also thought it could be a Hi-Lo but it has notched sides? I was hoping someone would recognize the material?

Von
                    Last edited by Von; 06-12-2017, 09:00 AM.

• Hi-Lo
                    Hi-Lo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey Von,

If indeed from the south, it would definitely be out of the geographic range of a Hi-Lo. It appears to have the diagnostics of an Early Archaic Side-Notched Point. Regardless, it is a fine acquisition. Thanks for sharing.

David
                Working...
                X