No announcement yet.

Ebay addiction???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again Von. I just kept scrolling down after my comment and saw the greatly enlarged picture of the point that I think is not a Dalton. Maybe I can toss out an alternative suggestion once I see if I can discern anything about it's manufacture other than shape and chipping technique. This situation illustrates just one of the problems people have to deal with when buying from unknown sources.

Comment

• Von
      Von commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you and it would have been nice to buy them from the original owner. When talking to the shop owner it sounded like he picked them up at an estate auction so true providence is likely lost. That being what it is I picked them up really cheap so I have no regrets. Besides it's been fun trying to figure it out! Thanks for the information!

Von

• CMD
      CMD commented
      Editing a comment
      Not to be a nit picker, Von, but the correct term is provenance, not providence. Providence is used in the sense of "God's Divine Providence", and means "the protective care of God". It is also the capital city of Rhode Island, lol, and Roger Williams had God's care in mind when he named his settlement Providence. Just thought I'd let you know the difference, you're far from the first to confuse the words. Nice aquisitions!

• Von
      Von commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. English never was my subject! LOL

Von

Looks like you got some good ones. I used to have that addiction
    South Dakota

Comment

• Von
      Von commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi and thanks!

I've messed around with arrowheads for quite awhile even when I was a kid which is a long time ago. I really got serious in the last two years. When I get interested in something I binge on it because I'm a bit OCD LOL. It actually comes in handy. Then there's just plain old luck and not hesitating when I find something. Luck is how I obtained most of these points. That along with this forum being great and the information shared here being so valuable that's it's hard to measure. I really appreciate this forum and the people here.

Von
      Last edited by Von; 06-12-2017, 07:31 PM.

Ebay can become an addiction. The thing is to not get caught up in a bidding war with another buyer. Decide ahead of time what the max is your willing to pay for a piece and stick with that. If you don't get it, you don't get it. There will be other great pieces that come along.

Comment

Working...
    X