I found some stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found some stuff

I was in Washington state near the ocean bucking rocks into the sea from a beach that had been suffering from erosion and noticed these strange object grouped near each other. What make you!!

first four look natural.the last two maybe be artifacts
    need better pics of both sides,edges etc then maybe some one familiar with your region could help verify
    but those last two have a good possibility of being artifacts

Comment

The last one looks like a point. Those east coast water worn points are difficult for me to recognize, but I think it's one.
      South Dakota

Comment

Meant to say west coast. It has the look of the east coast ones.
        South Dakota

Comment

The next to last photo might be a flake. I think the rest are all rocks. Including the last photo. It just does not look flaked or look like a water worn artifact to me. I could be wrong on that last one, just my best guess....

Looks like the last two photos might be the same piece......
          Rhode Island

Comment

The last two picture appear to be the same item. If this is true please take a photo with something in the photo for scale. A coin, a ruler and dollar bill. Any would work to help us judge the size. The first four pictures are just rocks in my opinion.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Have to agree with the majority on the first four but that 5th one sure looks like a point to me. I can make out what appears to be shoulders and a snapped base. Take some better pics, both sides and try not to cut off any of the item. Like Hoss says, put something in the photo to help with sizing also.
              Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

As intriguing as that last photo may be, imho it's just a rock. I find ones like that all the time along the Chesapeake Bay with teaser serrations that are entirely natural.
                Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
                X