Another try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another try

In my previous post, sharper pics were requested. I hope these shots are a little better, more helpful. I had tried both Overstreet and www.projectilepoints.net (desert southwest) and just didn't find anything very similar. Again, found in eastern New Mexico, De Baca County. Any ideas/input on id?

On another note, I AM going to get an avatar up soon lol!!! I think I may just have to settle on using my favorite, humble little scraper for my avatar. I enjoy this site. You folks have some truly spectacular finds!
    Attached Files

I have two maybes on this one....

look in overstreet's id....maybe a gypsum cave with a snapped base? Or this one I can't say and maybe can't even type..., same song, second verse. Maybe just reworked?
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• SeekandFind
      SeekandFind commented
      Editing a comment
      Will check that out. Thanks!

Either way, it's a beautiful point.
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Like the avatar, good choice. Nice point but way out of my area
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's way out of my area too. I spent a bunch of time examining overstreet's for his area and just made a guess. Without holding it and one like it with a label on it, I'm no expert. :-)

The avatar you have now is fine but if you persevere, you will eventually find what you're looking for. In the meantime we'll be watching your progress.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

I like your find & your colorful avatar. Thanks for sharing both.
        Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
        X