Louis S. Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louis S. Winner

My neighbor gave me a book that was written around 1972. It is titled Indians of Clinton County Pennsylvania. It was a lot of good pictures. He frequently mentions his collection of 4000 points. I have search and searched but can't find what happened to his giant collection. Has anybody ever heard of him and the whereabouts of his collection?

I never heard of that collection but I never heard of a lot of collections perhaps one of our members will have heard something??
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• dr socling
      dr socling commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I'm hoping. 4000 is a heck of a big collection and I can't understand why I can't find it at a local college or museum. It would take me a week to look at it! I sure hope it wasn't broken up.

I never heard that name, but can you take a couple photos of some of the pages with artifacts? I may recognize some of the artifacts if the collection was dispersed.
    http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• dr socling
      dr socling commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll do that.

I tried with my phone flash and the pictures didn't turn out well enough. If I get time, I'll take a few tomorrow.
      Last edited by dr socling; 10-09-2017, 08:13 PM. Reason: new info

There's a youngish looking Dr. Louis S. Winner at Penn State. Perhaps a son or grandson? His website lists contact info. You might inquire as to whether they are related.
    Child of the tides

Comment

• dr socling
      dr socling commented
      Editing a comment
      Good idea. I'll send an email. Thanks.

I believe part of the collection is/was housed in the Lock Haven Library. The largest portion of it was sold at Roans Auction in Williamsport back in the early 90's.

Comment

Working...
    X