No announcement yet.

Help in Identifying Spearhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your help. This is obviously a different hobby of collecting than it was years ago, legal issues now, as well as reproductions (for false reasons) and those that want to know how they were originally made. I respect that.

I owe Mr. Sam Clark a sincere apology. He was right there were some that had been produced, I think in attempts to learn the art..

I guess I have a lot to learn before passing these on through heritage as they were to me. I agree passing these on to a museum, they would never be seen.

Danny

Comment

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      You are very honest to come back and appologize and give us the low down. May I ask who helped you dientify the modern stuff? Thanks for checking back with us. I hope you keep them seperate moving forward. It is OK to own modern they make for some nice displays and study pieces as long as you have them labeled or Identifiable as modern. Your Grand Father cherished them. There is no reason why you and your family should not do the same.

This your google page? Same point with other Grey Ghost types.... Try an acetone swab on it.

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

I would like to say that if these are authentic, you have a spectacular collection. The big one just left of center in the last pic...with the corner notch on one side, I love that- whatever it is.
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

I do not have a Google page, never have.. But agree the spearhead is very similar to mine, almost looks to be the same. It is not.. His measures 9", Mine 10" and there are variances between them.. This is not the same spearhead, someone else has that one, not me. Authentic???

I think some of the arrowheads depicted with the spearhead are not authentic.

The spearhead appears to be authentic. We will know soon. The larger collection appears to be authentic for the most part. They were found separately along with the spearhead.

Again, Thank You

Danny

Comment

Tried acetone, xylene and lacquer thinner on the spearhead.. They had no affects on it, whatsoever.

Comment

I can't tell you for sure by looking at pics, but the big spear reminds me of a Grey Ghost. In the first pic the point on the bottom left looks modern. It represents no known point style. Grey Ghosts are also modern reproductions. You can look them up online. These are just my opinions. You can take em or leave em. I hate to have to be honest sometimes! Thanks for posting them. Oh, I hear that Rogers is a good authenticator.😀

Comment

Thanks for checking back with us.
              South Dakota

Comment

Thats a san saba knife my friend no doubt ...not a spear head cool piece

Comment

• gregszybala
                  gregszybala commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is that you? If so, welcome back!
              Working...
              X