Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to learn some about terms,ears flute.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pretty good answers there Worldman. If you do the things mentioned above, before long you'll figure it out. I wish I could take you somewhere so you can find an arrowhead. Keep on looking and when you find an arrowhead it will be so obvious what you have. Keep on asking questions and read as much as you can find on artifacts. Try watching videos of them being made, not found. Find books with good pics and study the flaking on the points, not so much the shape. We all know what it's like trying to learn about artifacts. One thing though, you keep posting waste flakes and asking if they are artifacts. It's kinda like, "are we there yet" with every post! Keep looking till you find one, then post questions. Like we said before, you will know the difference when you see it. It's not at all like the flakes you've been posting. Keep up the good work and I wish you luck. 😀

Comment

Two different flakes that are similar but the one on the left shows some fine serrations. After it was knocked off the parent rock the knapper further modified it by putting fine serrations on it making it a flake knife. The other one could have been made for the same purpose but it does not show any further modification after being knocked off the parent rock. These two are similar but only one shows it was made for a reason. Hope this helps rather than further confuse you. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5782.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	289705 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5784.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	289706
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Worldman you possess a positive attitude, and thats a huge asset in this hobby and in life. Im looking forward to the day you post up an unmistakable point or knife, maybe broken, might show usewear its all good. By the way, i find artifacts often, but i seldom find points. I have a positive attitude too, I enjoy my hobby for what it is in my area/place/time, no frustration here. But if i had a dollar for every minute studying lithic topics, illustrated bulletins, and landscapes, id ie as weathy as egghead from amazon. Read papers, books and study illustrations. Run pdf searches that will return you, ideally, local or topical papers. Many archeology societys started 50+ years ago, some produced bulletins and have put them online for the public, with illustrations of assembledges, i.e points, knives, tools. debitage, etc, and descriptions of how and what was found, read those...

​​​​​​
        Location - Eastern Massachu

Comment

Also a jewelers type magnifying glass can be used to see usewear, or lack of
          Location - Eastern Massachu

Comment

Working...
          X