Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent finds(curious if this demonstrates fluting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom beat me to it . I would goggle earth your place . Get a typology map to . I always seem to find camps at 450 in my area as an example .
    Now what you said about that cliff over hang . Chuck has one that he screens the dirt to .
    WM it sounds like you are on a spot with a overhang for protection , lots of chips you just need to narrow down the area through mapping it start digging like Tom said .
    one question, is there water in that creek ?
    That would be a prime hunting area for the NA so then that adds 100% plus to everything else . Where is the water source
    and sorry if I missed that in a post .

Comment

I think I am hearing creek in some of these conversations .

Comment

Yes the act camp is on top of the ridge,elevation of appx 1150ft. There's a spring ravine that come prob 100 ft from the top n as it goes down to to a feeder creek.the Springs are yr round but the actual creek runs dry n late summer but only runs about a quarter mile into a fairly large creek..the rock shelter does face the most sheltered side if the hill.after camping many yrs I the places I find the flakes r where' I've always camped as a kid or took shelter from a short storm.

Comment

However that feeder creek I very small,if anything prob just used for water W the Springs n small game n showers cause there is a small waterfall.im thinking screening under that waterfall would be good.the spot deft has all the main components but I think they prob camped by the feeder n spring up by the Ridge ,there is several larger creeks good sized that all spring from the same ridge I find these flakes.so they stayed n the protection of that n used the larger creeks that were very close. All these creeks are all very covient from that camp and from looking at Google Earth I believe I've found several trails that also Intersect there.

Comment

The creeks meander over time and lost hunting points get in the rubble as they wash out, get trapped... a tiny creek can wander quite a bit back and forth over thousands of years and perhaps it was once flowing a lot more. Indeed, many large rivers and creeks were not even in the same places if one goes back 10K.
            Professor Shellman
            Tampa Bay

Comment

Nah, You usually see some ripples and terminating edge.
              http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
              X