No announcement yet.

Second rock shelter finds/summer 2000 / a couple points,blades,bits and pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second rock shelter finds/summer 2000 / a couple points,blades,bits and pieces

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180504_193703.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	298669

#3 up there, that black triangle...that’s a barn burner man!
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen brother.

Thanks man. Ive been hunting artifacts since 2000. It's going to take awhile to post them all. Doing them in the order i found them. Found some rediculous stuff over the years.😁

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep them coming my friend.

When u look n your shelters.dig u dig it didn't n screen howd ya do it.wondering cause it's try here soon myself back home

Comment

• Owlshead
      Owlshead commented
      Editing a comment
      No matter where i am or what im doing my head's on a swivel (owlshead) πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ looking for clifts on the mountain side or chips at my feet. Any overhang big enough for a man to lay down in has possibility for an emergency shelter. Water doesnt need to be close by but it helps. When i find a shelter i scan for chips and top for smoke stains. Then i check every nook,cranny and shelf,they stash stuff everywhere. I start at back of shelter (nobody wants to walk on razor sharp chips)😁. Ill pick through and clean debris on hands and knees for surface finds, most are just covered by dust. Then grid off and start diggin back to front then outside. They worked on large rocks outside up to 50 ft away. Clay layer is no deeper than four inches here so i dont need to dig deep. Good luck. Hope that helps. The best stuff is found wher only an idiot will go.πŸ˜‚ pack a lunch and a machette.πŸ˜‚

Hey great tips I really appreciate it.i feel that will be very helpful

Comment

• Owlshead
      Owlshead commented
      Editing a comment
      πŸ‘

Hey look for blackberry and blueberry bushes also Sun Choke some folks call them Jereuselem artichoke. It aint an artichoke nor is it from Jerueselam ??? Not sure why they got that moniker. It is a wild flower that grows about four feet tall, bright yellow flowers on top in late summer. The edible part was a tuber in the root system. I have seen them growing wild near sites . Black berries are pretty much a ringer near rockshelters. Imagine being on the trail either a hunt or just foraging. You find blackberry bushes and you pick a bunch but also eat a bunch and fill up on them. That night miles away in a rock shelter you cramp up and have to go bad. You head someplace in close proximity to the shelter and drop the seeds with a fresh load of fertilizer to top t off. The seeds do not break down in the digestive system and will then grow. If in a spot where it can get some sun and some rain it will just come back year after year after year. If you want to know how to find stuff you have to go where others are willing to go to forage for food or useful material. Think survival, think bush craft.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Owlshead
      Owlshead commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah Ha!!! Never thought about that. Always hated wading through the bluberry bushes and the rattlesnakes and copperheads that love them. Almost everywhere ive found point there were tons of blueberry bushes and the occasional black walnut. Thanks for the tip.

Well that helps tons.there are tons of wild black berries and pawpaws in addition to walnuts.i find tons of nutting stones too.thanks for getting me to think along those lines tho

Comment

Working...
    X