Miniature Blade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miniature Blade?

Hey Guys, Take a look at the description of the miniature blade on page 1182 of Overstreet's fourteenth edition. I think it's possible that this could be a gorge hook because it's about an inch long and has a groove in the middle. What do you think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1182a.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	300847 Click image for larger version

Name:	1182b.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	300846
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

If I was making a button I would probably use shell or bone. If I did use stone I would grind the button smoothe.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I agree, I think it’s most likely a gorge hook, either for fish or game. I’ll tell you what it most likely ain’t! A nose ornament! I’ve had my septum pierced since I was 16 and I can tell you I don’t think they were poking holes or cutting into their noses big enough to push that thru! From a realistic and practical standpoint I agree their most likely gorges.
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Ron Kelley
        Ron Kelley commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Jay, I realize they are guessing at possible uses but I think gorge hook is more likely than anything they mentioned.

I also think who ever wrote the description that goes with the pic had no idea what they were talking about! Miniature wealth blade, button, body jewelry, the description is all over the place!
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Little out of the box thinking here... What if you hafted one end..and when the business end broke, you pull it out flip it around and haft the broke end.. Two points for the work of one?
        Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

I'd put It at The end of a Handle like a T. Not quite sure what I'd do next.
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
          X