Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This spans many years and many thousands of miles, one deep heartfelt thank you to a truly kind and generous man...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This spans many years and many thousands of miles, one deep heartfelt thank you to a truly kind and generous man...

I offered to Send Ron Kelly some pot shards a while back and I wanted to send him some good pieces, something worthy of representation from the region. After some gathering I sent him a few pieces I thought he would like. He posted about them in the pottery thread. I really expected nothing in return. I wanted nothing in return. Ron is the kind of man who doesn’t take something for nothing, I guess. He’s like a slightly older, better looking version of me.😇

anyway, I received these gifts in the mail yesterday and have been trying to wrap my mind around them. The beads are phenomenal. I’ve never found a single one....and he mails me a hat full of them. 😳. The points are of foreign lands, North Africa I believe....and are some of the most unique I’ve seen. The willow leaf is the only one I can “type”. The rest are just jaw dropping.

I’m guessing the large bead would have been a gorgette maybe??
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Ron is a fabulous human being and absolutely generous to a fault.
    I have received one of his fantastic knifes, simply because I liked it.
    Thank you for sharing those pictures.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Hey Jason, You are very welcome my friend. The biconically drilled beads are Saharan as well.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        Holy cow....the patience someone would need to do that....mind blowing.😳

Ron definitely has a giving Heart. Nice Stuff!
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Ron sent me a lanceolate once because I fell in love with its blue hue. It sits on the window sill if my train room where it captures the morning light. I think of Ron every time I see it glow.
        Child of the tides

Comment

Awesome friendships can develop here!
          South Dakota

Comment

Working...
          X