X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd point...

CALLAWAY COUNTY, MO
    CREEK, NOT A PF

My bosses grandson found this while playing in the creek a couple miles down the road from my house.

Ive never seen notches near the tip of a point, to me they look intentional. Any of you missouri guys seen any thing like this and possibly able to type it so i can tell them an approx age. Thanks

That’s a nice find...looks like someone started a serrated edge and decided it was too much work.😮
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Odd point indeed. However I would say that your boss's grandson is one lucky little dude.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

I haven't the foggiest...

Cool point though!
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Lucky kid for sure. Any suggestion on a where to find a decently priced small wood and glass display case? Id like to get him one

Comment

That is a strange point. The cortex showing on both sides. I know of no types like that.
            Evans are double notched and there are others too but MO is out of the region for those types. However the notchs are not up on the tip like that point on any points that I know of. .
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I was thinking the cortex showing on both sides was maybe just a result of working with and smaller piece of material or maybe even a young novice made it..

Comment

Working...
              X