Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wondering if this could be a firestarter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering if this could be a firestarter?

Wondering if this could be a native fire starter.has some interesting boring action going on,doesnt appear to be natural,but I could be wrong any ideas y'all?, Found in kanawha co WV.

Can you show a closeup of the actual circular depression?
    Things get fuzzy and one dimensional when I blow them up.
    This looks like a lunar landscape picture now. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 2.PNG
Views:	102
Size:	545.5 KB
ID:	308201
    Last edited by 2ndoldman; 07-12-2018, 06:01 PM.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Is that a fossil? Pretty interesting...

Comment

Hopefully this pics a lil better ,

Comment

No it’s not a palm stone
          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Just look at the overall rock too, it doesn’t look like a tool

Comment

The overall rock is just a rock.im only referring to the bore hole.i can make out about 15 lines around,its a metal ish ore type rock.prob iron ore. Mostly wondering fire starter just that one spot.or fossil. I've seen these kinda groove marks on other things but never this fine.almost like a screw.but wider.thats bout the best I can explain it.it does have a simple impression at the btm of that lil hole.

Comment

I understand that, what I mean by tool is that rock is obviously not very comfortable to hold, so that right there tells you they didn’t use it as part of a bow and drill friction fire set, your assuming that it was used as the palm stone to hold the spindle while working the bow and the spindle drilled a hole there from use. Btw it looks like maybe a fossil to me anyways.

Comment

Got ya I agree also.usuallt ida found like a finger spot indention. But hey even if a fossil it's a good one.

Comment

looks like a fossil to me too.
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Is it a shark vertebrae? There are some pictures of those that look very similar to your find.
                      I used to be young and foolish. Not so young any more.

Comment

Working...
                      X