Need your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your opinions

I'm new to this forum as well as a beginner artifact Hunter . While searching my property would you think it is amazing that I found eight arrowheads in about 20 minutes as well as a few other stone tools? I honestly believe I might have an encampment site on my property . Going out this weekend for a more in depth search on the property . I've found three large quartz rocks, maybe even boulders, not sure what constitutes a boulder size wise .They are not anything that a man can move, would require the use of a tractor. All but one of the artifacts are quartz . It's so much fun and I love history and most importantly protecting what is here . Thanks for your comments!
    South Carolina

Def sounds like a great site.thats alot of points in one area.and I've read that the native Americans used alot of big quartz stone along w ceremonial sites.im an amateur also but read up on that.im very excited to see what all ya have found and what is to come.welcome to the group

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

I think you are right, and if you are, you are going to have a killer time out there! Where is your locale? Are you located by a stream or river? If you live by a stream, look in the gravel bars, and banks too, because they often yield points. And probably the most important part of all... Show us your finds! We love seeing beginners finds. I know, because I am also a beginner. ( Found my first blade on Tuesday. It's a Hopewell)
    Last edited by Kentucky point; 07-12-2018, 07:47 PM.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm such a beginner that I don't even know what a Hopewell is but I will look it up! Sounds exciting!

We are going to have to see your artifacts to make any informative comments. Anxious to see them, and welcome to the site!
    South Dakota

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you and I posted pictures. Really large picture😁 not sure I up!loaded the size correctly.

Read the sticky at the top of any catagory first before you post anything, that’ll help a lot , welcome to the forum
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

I'm with Kentucky point, would like to see some pictures!

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Uploaded pictures. Thank s!

So here's what I found in about 20 minutes . I hope to get time to hunt this weekend . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180713_193400.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	308374
    South Carolina

Comment

• Pointdexter
      Pointdexter commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh wow! Have no experience with quartz pieces such as those myself - Never found one, let alone a staggering 8 in 20 mins! (I think my personal best had been 3 flint arrowheads within maybe an hour)

Awesome ... 20 min . I am going to guess N. Georgia they have lots of quartz there . You usually don’t see well defined
    flaking with that lithic it’s seems to be to hard to knap from posts and books I read .
    Can’t wait to see what else you get .

Comment

Can we see better and more in focus pics of those,maybe one or 3 at a time? Some of those may be worked pieces but from what I can see most of those are normal rocks.
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Working...
      X