Four for Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four for Friday

True arrow points. found in central Colorado. These were found on separate trips over many years. but two were found on the same site and are my number two and four finds.But all were found as a kid that just wanted to get out and look. From left to right The Lithics are Kremmling chert KRF a unknown North west Colorado Chert and tabletop chert.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1128.JPG Views:	2 Size:	153.6 KB ID:	315042
    Last edited by chase; 08-24-2018, 07:38 AM.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Chase - those are beautiful points. I particularly like that tan colored one on the right with the tight notches and concave base. Real intricate work. Thanks for sharing those.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• chase
      chase commented
      Editing a comment
      That was found on a boy scout trip. We had to read a compass and navigate to find clues. which I got side tract looking but I did not mind. This point is made from Tabletop Chert and is Circa 800 to 1800's and was a solo find.

Nice arrow points indeed. That second one from the left has a neat looking hook inclusion to it.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• chase
      chase commented
      Editing a comment
      That is the nature of Knife River Chert. It is the Patina that forms My dad oiled it after I had found it and it turned root beer color. He was just sick that he had done that but over time it turned to how you see it.

Nice group of Point's!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Awesome!
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Hey Chase, You have four very beautiful points there and even greater memories. I love that white patina on KRF: I have some Root Beer with the same white patina.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Sweet points! Thanks for sharing

Comment

I can’t get over the difference between the points in you area .just so beautifuly knapped compared to some of the primitive looking ones I have found in the south .

Comment

Hey Chase, those are some awesome points! I’m having trouble deciding which one I like best! After finding just chunky quartzite points here, I’m really drooling over your finds. Awesome!
              Child of the tides

Comment

Nice finds Chase Love that tri notched critter. The multi colored one is pretty awesome too.
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                X