Tipi rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tipi rings

Out west they are prevalent. But you really don't find artifacts in them. that's my point they are not dwellings. that held down the hides of a structure. If that was the case I have been in many dwellings both abeit made of wood and brush as well as Mesa Verde and other cliff dwellings. They all have one thing in common. artifacts left behind. These rings have different meaning. I welcome your thoughts
    From metal detecting to surface hunting a campsite you lose a fair amount but not those locations..
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Hey Chase, I don't think that anyone knows the details. Ancient rock circles are considered sacred. Some have suggested that the circle could represent the circle of life. The "Hope Symbol" also includes a circle.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

My take on a tipi ring not having artifacts would blend with a conversation I had 2 days ago about a skinning rack . Don’t put it up wind ! Please don’t put it near this building Wayne . It’s all about predators .
      I would only of course imagine not being a studied expert they kept there tool and point making area in one place as well as open hearth cooking .Animal prep with tools away from the tipi .... I know winter .
      Also when they would move every valuable would be taken . Best points etc .
      Just my 2 cents

Comment

http://www.sandiegoarchaeology.org/L...nct.circle.htm Some more info seems no one knows .

Comment

Working...
        X