Good display options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good display options?

I’m going to take a look at the craft store and see what they have for display cases. Curious to see how you guys display your points. The setup I have is really 💩 they tend to slide.
    Massachusetts

Yeah sliding around is no good! Good inexpensive frames to start with are Riker frames, look into those.
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• chiefwompatuck
      chiefwompatuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I will look into those. I was thinking of getting a square of styrofoam and cutting out spots for them. It’s hard displaying them. I see some people have killer setups

• OnewiththewilD
      OnewiththewilD commented
      Editing a comment
      Some people spend a lot of money too! Lol

Oh I bet. I’ll look around. I just hate when they slide. Drives me insane.
    Massachusetts

Comment

Most cases have high density foam in them and it holds the artifacts against the glass secure if it the foam don't have any space between the glass. I have made some cases and that is what I used and I ordered some and bought a piece at a fabric store.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Look for the kind of foam that is used for fake floral arrangements. Its easy to press things in to. If you can find some thin sheets, they would be ideal.
        Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

That dense foam rubber is sold at fabric stores.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Do not use styrofoam get High density foam rubber. https://www.joann.com/search?q=foam+rubber They sell different size or you can buy it off the roll. works great. Hobby Lobby sels cheap wood frames but the backing needs to be changed. Check the store every other week they are on sale. Or look at our sponsors there are dealers in there who sell frames read to go. That first frame was made and gifted to me one of my friends. He is a forum member here. CGode . It is an awesome display frame. Click image for larger version

Name:	fanc 011.jpg
Views:	3499
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	321402 Click image for larger version

Name:	biframe.jpg
Views:	2979
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	321401
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Broken Arrow
              Broken Arrow commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, Matt, I never thought about looking at hobby lobby for frames. I'll be making a trip in the morning to see what they have.

• redrocks
              redrocks commented
              Editing a comment
              Matt..cgodes cases are works of craftsmanship after seeing them up in Rhode island yesterday

I buy these now some where gifts or raffle prizes my friend made me the carry crates they are idea for going to shows. 12"x18" 2" deep. Click image for larger version  Name:	image_47981.jpg Views:	1 Size:	135.7 KB ID:	321408
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

These will cost more but they are more durable. I had rikers that were 30 years old and they needed upgrading.

Comment

I do NOT hang display cases on the wall anymore......
                I have a lot of rikers with limited displays of single or just a few items, or collections from one site, etc.
                I use Suwannee Case Co. display cases. Many places make them. Name Troy Frutal rings a bell, sells them at shows.
                Professor Shellman
                Tampa Bay

Comment

I don't have a lot of points, but when I do, grade 6 and under will be displayed in a riker case. Grade 7 and up, will be displayed in a nice wooden case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6.-Kentucky-And-Surrounding-Areas-Fine-And-Colorful-Flint.-For-Display-Only-At-This-Time.jpg
Views:	3714
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	321449

This is a display case that Sam Cox has. (points not included.)
                  "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Kentucky point
                    Kentucky point commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Btw, these points are mostly from Kentucky.

Troy frutal is my go to at TAnd B case co. Mention my name Matt at arrowheads.com if you call them. http://www.dothanshow.com/t-b-case-company
                  Last edited by Hoss; 09-24-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I make my own cases I use foam and cloth for liners and add cardboard under the foam to tighten the points against the glass . Red Maple and Snake Wood .

Comment

• Hoss
                      Hoss commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That snake wood is awesome. You made some very nice frames and displays

After you chase around getting craft store cases to work for you or the riker cases which the ones I have seen let points move. You would be ahead of the game if you bought you some of those cases like Hoss talked about. I have those and am well pleased with them. If it keeps one of your best points from moving and bumping into another and chipping it is well worth the investment. I carry my cases of points to shows and don't have any movement transporting the cases.
                    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• south fork
                      south fork commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It just seems wrong to place artifacts in a cardboard box a nice wood case makes brokes look good .

• Hoss
                      Hoss commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I had stuff in Rikers for 30 years ( They do not last) and have begun the slow process of upgrading to wood frames . It is a much better choice but if on a budget Rikers will work but you cannot display a rikers upright like the wood and glass with the high density foam.

This was the first case I made out of black walnut . I milled the lumber out of a slab trial and error fun project on a rainy day .

Comment

• willjo
                      willjo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is good if you have expertise and wood working equipment to make them, I have made some and used my brother in laws cabinet making tools and the cost is more than I would have expected when for a little more I can buy a case and not go through the process of making one.

• Hoss
                      Hoss commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I put those same brass corners on a cedar frame I made for hard stone artifacts. A year ago I broke the glass and have not gotten around to repairing it yet.
                      Last edited by Hoss; 09-24-2018, 05:37 PM.
                  Working...
                  X